Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I just want to share my excitement.

I ordered a 1LZ LMB Z with red inserts from Boardwalk Chevy. Carl Jackson called me Friday and said he was able to secure an allocation. He didn't have one but went the extra mile and found one for me:thumbsup: So in 6 weeks I should be cruising down California 1 breaking in my new Z. It'll be an approximately 500 mile drive from Boardwalk to my home in So Cal so the Z should be broken in on arrival.

Carl has been extremely helpful and I highly recommend him.

Now it looks like a childhood dream of owning a 427 Vette will come true:thumbsup:

Spencer

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy the ride! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
congrats.... it is going to be soooo tempting to step on it on the way home

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
congrats.... it is going to be soooo tempting to step on it on the way home

No doubt! That's why I'm doing PCH all the way from San Fran to LA - a lot of variable speeds/gears and being stuck behind RVs:thud: But it should make for great pics!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Highway 1

gagunga,

I did the same thing when I bought my 06 C6 in San Jose and drove it home to Huntington Beach. It's a great road for breaking in a new car. Can there be anything better than driving the world's finest sports car on one of the worlds greatest roads?:thumbsup:

Be cautious though, lots of springs in the mountain section which seep water across the road in the most surprising places. You can also expect some minor rock slides in that section of the trip. (I did it in January, so summer may be better.)

A little slippin n slidin and dodging, but still the greatest drive I've taken in the C6.

Don't forget to wave:buhbye:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Great on your new Z. You will have a blast.
Had mine a year now and it's still a hoot!

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts