Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered a superchip, 35hp, and 15rwhp. ill let you all kno, when i have this guy install it..

·
Registered
939 Posts
Where'd you order from and how much $$$?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't follow you. "Installed"? It's not a reflash of the PCM like Diablo??? Where does it get installed, in the box? My knowledge of Superchips is :down:
Have heard of them, but don't really know what it is they actually do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't follow you. "Installed"? It's not a reflash of the PCM like Diablo??? Where does it get installed, in the box? My knowledge of Superchips is :down:
Have heard of them, but don't really know what it is they actually do. :thumbsup:
That's what I'm wondering as well. I bet it is just a flash or a "programmer" like the Diablo. We'll see I guess.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Who's doing the install?:huh:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm sorry guys, its a programmer like the diablo, but the superchips are suppose to be better. the guy said he could make his own settings on it, and put it in. i guess you should have some experience with these programmers just to be safe. hes installing it for free.

·
Banned
972 Posts
Be carefull

lots of snake oil out there

you really wanta good tune and not a programmer imho !

·
Banned
176 Posts
Man those things are complete garbage. You can't expect to even get half of that HP with a professional tune on a stock car. 35 HP is a LIE. Cancel your order and buy the HP tuners stuff.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man those things are complete garbage. You can't expect to even get half of that HP with a professional tune on a stock car. 35 HP is a LIE. Cancel your order and buy the HP tuners stuff.
a few of my buddies have it, and they say big improvements. i should have it by monday, slight chance tommorow. i will keep youy guys updated about it.
but i know superchips are really good.

·
Registered
565 Posts
a few of my buddies have it, and they say big improvements. i should have it by monday, slight chance tommorow. i will keep youy guys updated about it.
but i know superchips are really good.
Read up on them a bit. Seems like a good outfit, been around for a while. I always used Hypertech on my Trans Ams and was satisfied with the fan temp adjustments and shift firming alone, so any hp was gravy. I would guess the SC and Diablo are pretty similar--both allow for parameter adjustments over and above their stock performance tune. D claims 20 hp due to leaning the AFR. I'm interested in how SC gets the hp they claim, timing, fuel curve, AFR or what? Your results will be good to hear! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey guys, i just got the superchip, the 1-4 skip shift is gone thank god, the car seems to drive alot smoother, the car runs cooler, one weird thing is that the exhaust system is a bit deeper, i took my buddy out and got on it and he noticed right away. i did not change the rev limiter though, i was going to get a opinion from you guys, cause i dont know too much about that??? overall, it seemed like a good buy, i can notice the hp increase to, but they say you will notice more after like 100-200 miles or so.:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts