Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on here in a long time, but I'm back! I just got a 07 c6 and it seems like it has the z51 package. It has 100k on it but maintenance has been kept up properly. The only question I have is should I worry about the harmonic balancer? I want to get it replaced regardless just for a piece of mind. I hear everyone gets the ATI instead of OEM. Does anyone know a reputable shop that can get the job done right? Should I be driving a certain way to prevent the HB from wearing out until the replacement?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,440 Posts
The smiles have returned:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! I was going to get a Lexus to save gas but I feel like I save more with the c6!(when I want to). =0)

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
This is all I have for now, I’ll take more later! I also hear about torque tubes getting weak. Should I even drive it until I get those things replaced? >.< hahahaha

Nice, looks familiar :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I haven't been on here in a long time, but I'm back! I just got a 07 c6 and it seems like it has the z51 package. It has 100k on it but maintenance has been kept up properly. The only question I have is should I worry about the harmonic balancer? I want to get it replaced regardless just for a piece of mind. I hear everyone gets the ATI instead of OEM. Does anyone know a reputable shop that can get the job done right? Should I be driving a certain way to prevent the HB from wearing out until the replacement?
I would definitely have it done by a gm dealership I also have heard about GOODS THINGS FLUID DAMPER HARMONIC balancers I have
Also not been on dc corvettes , Com for quite a while I had
Kidney cancer so far 5 years and one kidney cancer free I have a 1970 stingray 4 speed numbers matching car 2nd owner good luck [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts