Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So i didn't meet my self-imposed timeline but almost.

The 6 link is done !! I'm going out to set the toe to 1/16th in and 0 camber to start with.

Here are a couple of quick snaps....

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
that looks cool :thumbsup: now when are you going to do mine :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
man, all you guys with your kickass rear suspensions make me jealous! What exactly are the loops around the driveshafts for? Just for safety in case a U-joint goes?

Any good pics of the upper mounts (inner and outer)?

Great work, it looks awesome :thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm very anxious to see how this works. Mine won't be on the road for a while.
My setup is similar.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man, all you guys with your kickass rear suspensions make me jealous! What exactly are the loops around the driveshafts for? Just for safety in case a U-joint goes?

Any good pics of the upper mounts (inner and outer)?

Great work, it looks awesome :thumbsup:
Yes I've also made provisions for an inner loop as well.

I'll get some pictures this weekend, Norval wanted to see some detail as well.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Setting the toe with the 6 link is easy and quick. I use the front shims to get it close and then a simple movement of BOTH upper and lower strut rods pushes or pulls the rear of the trailing arm around for light toe adjustments.
Makes life alot easier.
I also use a laser level to project the rear tires onto the front to make sure they are pointing staright ahead. It quickly shows if the rear wheels are not pointing straight ahead.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick question for you guys that are doing this. Is this drag vette kit or is this something that you guys are making and installing your self? I like the idea of taking the load off of the yokes and making the suspension work like it should. Nice work guys.
Steve at Drag Vette makes a Kit... However I made this myself with help from TT and Norval

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts