Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man...hard not to get a lump in your throat when you watch your ride roll away. Cash in hand isn't the same as a car..but when it is time it is time.

So...no cross flags in the garage - at least for a while.

Nice to see a fellow get into a Corvette for the first time. That grin on his face was priceless to watch as he drove away.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
IMO, we take very good care of our vettes so one day somebody else will be able to share the same thrill we enjoyed with it.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the next project?
Actually, the new project is an older project that I started with some guys in 2008 - after I moved from Florida to Illinois, the crew stayed on the project steady. However, they reached an ending point for bit, and I agreed to take the car here in Illinois to finish it up.

The car is part of a faith based initiative to take church out of the four walls - and at the end it will be given away for free.

Having the Vette out of the garage frees up space and resources to pour into the 68 Bird.

There will also be a book written off this car - you get an idea from the rough draft through the website. By the end of this weekend I'll have some updated photos. Putting the gas tank in it right now - just taking a break. Got a nice box of stuff from National Parts Depot this week and I'm busy slinging that stuff in.

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/ProjectR.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts