Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a bit sad ( for a few seconds) when I had to hand over my C5 keys for my new 2007 velocity yellow vette but once I got into the car you couldn't get the smile off my face.

I'm just glad that winter is almost over and I can get my toy out for a road trip. The only thing that worries me is the rear end. Seems to splash more dirt up to the trunk than the C5. Anyone else notice that problem?

·
Registered
145 Posts
same thing

I traded in my 2004 for a 2006. was sad for about 30 sec. got in my "new" ride and same smile as you ear to ear....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I will actually be up in Calgary near the end of April and I hope to see a few vettes on the road when I am there. I understand that the weather has been fairly nice up there lately.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weather can be nice in April but anything can happen up here. One year we had a freak snow storm in July. My pool looked like a slurpie.
Are you driving your vette up here or just flying in??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
By the way, We're having a major car rally (cruise) up here on August 26th to support The Cancer Society. Here's a small excerpt of the event. Any other corvette clubs interested in coming up for the event?

In 2002, Maguire's sister, who lives in the U.K., was diagnosed with breast cancer. Frustrated by not being able to do much to help, Maguire and a group of his Calgary Corvettes Unlimited club friends started talking about putting on a car cruise for cancer.

"We thought we'd just get a bunch of Corvette people together and do a short cruise and see if we couldn't raise a couple thousand bucks. It seemed like a good idea at the time," Maguire says. "But it's taken on a life of its own."

The initial concept grew to include all makes and models of vehicles, from tuner cars to pioneer autos.

"We expect tuned Acuras, Ford Model Ts and As, lowrider trucks, military vehicles, Mustangs -- just about everything," Maguire says.

A website, coolcarscruising4cancer.ca, and several thousand flyers distributed at Alberta car shows and through car clubs have helped drum up interest in the event. But Maguire says a couple of people in the province have had a hand in spreading the word.

"Mike Nikolai, a gentleman I've never met before, has really helped expose the event in Edmonton," Maguire says.

Expose it he has. From Edmonton alone, there are currently 26 car clubs and organizations planning on participating.

That makes the 12 Calgary car clubs registered pale by comparison

·
Registered
129 Posts
Congratulations On Your New Ride! Not Only That But You Have The One And Only Corvette Color = Just Don't Tell The People Who Think It Is Red. I Put A Stripe On My Yellow, Now All The Grandkids Call It A Bumble Bee. I Picked My Yellow Up Last Sept Just After The 07's Came Out And I Know What You Mean About That Smile. As To The Crud On The Rear = Just Carry Some Adams Detail Spray And A Micro Towel With You Every Where You Go, Give It A Mist When You Happen To See The Crud And You'll Be Fine. Save The Wave Cause In Your Yellow Everyone Will See You Comin' Down The Road!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeh, I just love the velocity yellow. I looked at the other colors but it just didn't do anything for me. Once I saw the Velocity yellow vette, I knew that its the car for me. BTW thanks for the advise on the cleaner to use on the rear of he car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations On Your New Ride! Not Only That But You Have The One And Only Corvette Color = Just Don't Tell The People Who Think It Is Red. I Put A Stripe On My Yellow, Now All The Grandkids Call It A Bumble Bee. I Picked My Yellow Up Last Sept Just After The 07's Came Out And I Know What You Mean About That Smile. As To The Crud On The Rear = Just Carry Some Adams Detail Spray And A Micro Towel With You Every Where You Go, Give It A Mist When You Happen To See The Crud And You'll Be Fine. Save The Wave Cause In Your Yellow Everyone Will See You Comin' Down The Road!!!

I know what you mean about everyone seeing you coming down the road. The otehr day I took a detour around my neighborhood and just when I got around the corner of my street I see evey man, woman and child standing at the side of the road looking at the car. It was a bit embarassing to say the least.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeh, I just love the velocity yellow. I looked at the other colors but it just didn't do anything for me. Once I saw the Velocity yellow vette, I knew that its the car for me. BTW thanks for the advise on the cleaner to use on the rear of he car.
IF YOU'VE NEVER USE ANY ADAM'S CAR CARE PRODUCTS, LOOK THEM UP ON THE SIDE BAR HERE AT DC. LOOK AT THE VIDIOS AND ORDER AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AFFORD! IT IS GREAT STUFF!!!! THE BEST THING I HAVE LEARNED ON DC IS ABOUT ADAMS, BAR NONE. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, I GAVE ALL THE OTHER GUYS PRODUCTS AWAY AND USE ONLY ADAMS = NOT BECAUSE THE OTHER PRODUCTS WERE BAD BUT BECAUSE ADAMS IS BETTER!!! TRY IT AND YOU WILL NEVER USE ANYTHING ELSE.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll definitely will try it.

By the way, has anyone tried Clearplex for their windshield? This film is suppose to protect against rocks and chips. I've got the dealer to install the 3M film on my car but they claim that there is no product out there that can be used for windshield. One of the local car detailers is offering this product and claims that it really works. Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The weather can be nice in April but anything can happen up here. One year we had a freak snow storm in July. My pool looked like a slurpie.
Are you driving your vette up here or just flying in??
Flying up this time. I spent most of my life in Alberta, so I am definitely familiar with the changing weather. :agree:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes i have the clear plex on my windshield and i love the added protection this film offers. My friend put the 3m clear bra on last sunday along with the clear plex. U know its durable because of how hard the plastic is. U can have it done at ray sands glass in Rochester New york or in edison New Jersey at the tint shop. I have no idea where u live but if you're in the area do yourself a favor and get it done. There's a certain integrity in keeping the original windshield on your vette.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankd for the info. Yes there's a place in Calgary that does it. Actually they just started using Clearplex and haven't installed too many vehicles as of yet. I definitely want some protection from all the rocks and gravdel on our roads.

·
Registered
405 Posts
My '05 was a Z51 and my current '07 is a Z51, my reason for mentioning is the difference in tires..... but, I believe the '07 stays cleaner than the '05 because of the change in design. That was one of my first observations with the new car..... I only have a 2000 miles on my car, but I think the wheels have less dust on them as well, of course my new ones are Chrome so maybe that is the difference.

Love'n the '07 :partyon:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry but I never drive mine thru dirt.:cool:

However, I have notice less dust accumulation than my previous ones. Good luck and stay off the dirt roads.
PS. A friend of mine in grad school used to pull over every so often to wipe clean his. We used to tease him telling every one that would listen that if he was to drive by a puddle he would remove his clothes and placed them on the ground then drive over them.:laughing:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My '05 was a Z51 and my current '07 is a Z51, my reason for mentioning is the difference in tires..... but, I believe the '07 stays cleaner than the '05 because of the change in design. That was one of my first observations with the new car..... I only have a 2000 miles on my car, but I think the wheels have less dust on them as well, of course my new ones are Chrome so maybe that is the difference.

Love'n the '07 :partyon:
Actually I find that the tires splash more dirt up on the rear of the car. I'm thinking its because the back end is shorter than the C5 design. I seem to spend more time cleaning the back end. Eitherway, its a great looking car especially since I was really against the design when they first came out with the C6 in 2005.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts