Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......with my tears!!!!!

My vette will no longer be mine at this time on Friday.

It goes like this. I just don't drive it anymore. Before this summer my wife and I would hop in and go for a ride on a moment's notice. We had a live in baby sitter in the form of an 18 year old. Now he's outta the house and it's just a PITA got arrange for a sitter anytime we want to just take a ride. So I sold it with plans to buy another in a few years.

Love the car loved the experience, love the community.

Farewell my FRC with badges I had to explain everytime I took it for a ride ;), farewell

·
Registered
904 Posts
Bro, don't do it. Looking at your photos it doesn't appear you need the money. Cover the car, stash it in your garage, forget about it. A "few years" flies by. When you're ready for it again, uncover it and behold your rare bird. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yea my car does alot of sitting due to a wife and two kids. I use it as much as I can now the kids are older. If I'm going somewhere with just one kid we take the car or if I'm going somewhere by myself. I wish I could take it to work more but I use my truck to much to do that.

Good looking car hope you find yourself in one again sometime.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You gotta do what you gotta do. I was at that point in my life some years back. You will have another one someday.

By the way what are the badges on the car?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sorry to hear about that...At least go and drive the hell out of it one last time before you turn it over to its 'lucky' new owner:thumbsup:

But you gotta do what you gotta do, and I hope that you get another one soon:D

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I had two Vettes in the 70's before my kids were born. When my first was born in 1980, it became impractical both financially and physically. I sold the vette and completely raised two kids before I got another one - 28 years later. Hope it doesn't take you that long, but I can tell you from experience, it's worth the wait to get back into a Vette. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
424 Posts
.......with my tears!!!!!

My vette will no longer be mine at this time on Friday.

It goes like this. I just don't drive it anymore. Before this summer my wife and I would hop in and go for a ride on a moment's notice. We had a live in baby sitter in the form of an 18 year old. Now he's outta the house and it's just a PITA got arrange for a sitter anytime we want to just take a ride. So I sold it with plans to buy another in a few years.

Love the car loved the experience, love the community.

Farewell my FRC with badges I had to explain everytime I took it for a ride ;), farewell
oPTION 2 KEEP THE CAR AND SELL THE KID.. ADOPT AN 18 YEAR OLD AND CALL IT GOOD.:partyon: JUST KIDDING!!!

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Sometimes you just have to let them go....:down:

You'll have another Vette before ya know it.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts