Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Words can not describe how psyched I am about this new corvette. I have owned several F-bodies over the years because I never really thought the corvette justified the 2x price tag of the Camaro because of the mediocre interior and equal performance (at least in a straight line). The C6 eliminates any question of this car being a true performance car that is worth every penny and more.

Things chevy did right this time:

1. Exterior - The styling is modern, yet has some nice throwbacks to the old days keeping all the C5 style but giving it a bit more edge and a modern feel.

2. Interior - GREATLY improved. Take one look at the press photo of the red C6 with the Navigation system and aluminum short throw shifter. Damn they did a nice job. Heated seats, DVD Nav, aluminum accents, Keyless entry and ignition....these are things people expect in a $50k sports car.

3. Performance - 400 HP is the right number for a base model corvette. The gap was getting too wide between the viper and the vette and this one closes it very nicely. And the Z51 package is for real with upgraded brakes (larger rotors and cross-drilled), larger tires, thicker stabilizer bars, tranny cooler, and lower gear ratios......oh yeah baby.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

THE NEXT 6 MONTHS ARE GOING TO BE ROUGH.......:nuts:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Words can not describe how psyched I am about this new corvette. I have owned several F-bodies over the years because I never really thought the corvette justified the 2x price tag of the Camaro because of the mediocre interior and equal performance (at least in a straight line). The C6 eliminates any question of this car being a true performance car that is worth every penny and more.

Things chevy did right this time:

1. Exterior - The styling is modern, yet has some nice throwbacks to the old days keeping all the C5 style but giving it a bit more edge and a modern feel.

2. Interior - GREATLY improved. Take one look at the press photo of the red C6 with the Navigation system and aluminum short throw shifter. Damn they did a nice job. Heated seats, DVD Nav, aluminum accents, Keyless entry and ignition....these are things people expect in a $50k sports car.

3. Performance - 400 HP is the right number for a base model corvette. The gap was getting too wide between the viper and the vette and this one closes it very nicely. And the Z51 package is for real with upgraded brakes (larger rotors and cross-drilled), larger tires, thicker stabilizer bars, tranny cooler, and lower gear ratios......oh yeah baby.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

THE NEXT 6 MONTHS ARE GOING TO BE ROUGH.......:nuts:
6 is that official??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts