Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Katech's New Street Attack and Track Attack Z06 packages now carry a secret weapon. The Killer Bee AAIS.

Katech dynoed the Killer Bee AAIS at +12 HP and +11 ft. lbs vs. the GM LS7 stock intake system on the Z06. This was done on their Superflow Engine dyno.

Their Street Attack Package was advertised at 600+ HP prior to their adoption of the Killer Bee AAIS as their official package Air Induction System. They paint match the bridges at an additional cost.

http://www.katechengines.com/street_performance/vehicle_packages_corvetteC6Z06.php

It is pretty common knowledge that Katech builds all the LS7.R 427s for the C6.Rs and developed the C5.R years ago for Corvette Racing. What is not known, is that they also did much of the R&D and engineering for GM of the LS7, and other LSX series GEN3 and GEN4 motors.

I do not have this from any official source, but it is rumored that they made some pistons for the new 6.2 Liter Corvette SS. They offer a low compression version of their 2618T6 Forged Pistons for aftermarket forced induction engines, which may have been a spin off from the BD. Who knows. Remember, I am opining here and have no facts to support this opinion.

Our Killer Bee Attack Package, is the result of nearly two years of research and development, with RWHP numbers between 482 and 489, depending on whos dyno you are on.

What is more important than the dyno is this:

Go to this link: www.CorvetteLS7.com and click on the VIDEO from the Swedish Airfield Challenge this year. A Killer Bee Attack (Killer Bee AAIS and emailTUNE only) made us proud. Congaman also beat a Mercedes McLaren SLR, and a Porsche Carrera GT.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
287 Posts
The Killer Bee with the Katech mods is SWEET! Katech did not have the Killer Bee when they moded my car so they used the old air intake. When Jim got me the Killer Bee the throttle response increase was real noticeable.

Jim

·
Registered
287 Posts
Very cool Jim!

Just got the Killer Bee system uploaded to the Product Review section this morning, so folks can post additional feedback for other DCers.

:cheers:
10,700 posts! WOW! I am impressed!

Thanks for your comments. Jim and Jim's products are outstanding.

Jim

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Killer Bee with the Katech mods is SWEET! Katech did not have the Killer Bee when they moded my car so they used the old air intake. When Jim got me the Killer Bee the throttle response increase was real noticeable.

Jim
I am working on a new throttle response algorithm that may make this car speak like it had dual quads with accelerator pump dual squirters.

I'll let you know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Funny thing is, I called them about this package since they are so close to me and they acted like they didnt want to build my car.

Don't know what it was, maybe they thought I was just browsing or something, but my kit will not be coming from them.

I am down to LG, Lingenfelter, and MTI.

Just deciding who it will be now.

I am considering either the LG x5 Heads and cam with bottom end work, or the 630 Lingenfelter package with pistons, or the 454 MTI package.

I already have Longtubes from LG and an off road x pipe, as well as electric water pump and 160 stat, and a cold air kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts