Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 and I am interested in the kbd targa mufflers from ecklers. Besides the size what is the difference between the 2 1/2 and the 3 " versions that they sell?

berman

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Doesn't look at be any difference other than the tailpipe diameter, least according to the product summary.

The reviews I've read about them are favorable. You can also make your own set of free-flow pipes like myself and several other C4 owners have done. Cheap way to get the exact look and wonderful sound, at a fraction of the cost.

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
I've got those in the 2 1/2" version. Check out my pics to see what it looks like
:thumbsup:

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
There is some resonance but I honestly like it. If resonance bothers you then you might not want these. If your switching from your stock mufflers then youll notice a much more throtty sound and a smooth rumble at idle. Definitely a big improvement from stock, plus it looks good!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I've got the 2 1/2" stainless ones. They resonate, but in my opinion its not unbearable (A 3-6 hour drive is not uncommon for me either). I like em, but it is personal preference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts