Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE AN 85 THAT KEEPS THROWING ME A TPS CODE. I HAVE PUT TWO NEW TPS SWITCHES ON AND HAVE ADJUSTED THEM WITH A OTC SCAN TOOL TO GM SPEC. TWO OR THREE WEEKS LATER IT'S OUT OF SPEC THROWING THE CODE. THE CAR HAS 65,000 ON IT. COULD IT BE THE THROTTLE BODY SHAFT. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

JOE :huh:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Two sensors, huh? I'm betting it didn't need the first one. What was the code specifically? High voltage, low voltage? This is why when you get a code you go through the troubleshooting procedure for that specific code. I'd guess contact problems in the connector or excessive resistance somewhere. Either way, it's only a guess as was your throwing money at the problem without troubleshooting it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Very unlikely you got two bad throttle position sensors. Probably another problem. Plus, the 85's were kind of unique in some ways, and if you aren't looking up the codes in an 85 manual, they may be different. Do you have a GM service manual? If not, you can pick them up on EBAY. They are much better than Haynes or Chiltons manuals because they are particular year specific. Plus, they have troubleshooting trees to help diagnose problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's Guy's I do have a GM manual for the car and two other ones for it to.I have been threw the flow chart checking voltage and have come up with nothing. All votages check good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts