Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha gang. Picked up a cherry 02 6 speed. One problem is the previous owner lost all the key FOBs. Can i program any FOB to the car, or do i need to get one from the dealer and have my key pellet read? Thanks for any advise

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Aloha gang. Picked up a cherry 02 6 speed. One problem is the previous owner lost all the key FOBs. Can i program any FOB to the car, or do i need to get one from the dealer and have my key pellet read? Thanks for any advise
First off, the key has nothing to do with obtaining working fobs. Secondly, you can get a matching pair of fobs from a few vendors here or off eBay. The directions for programming your fob are in your owner's manual. I have a thread in the C5 section that explains how to read the pellet in your key using a multimeter. You don't have to go to a dealer for any of these issues.

I bought 2 matching fobs for less than $20 and programmed them both in less than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just went ahead and order a couple from ecklers. 100 bucks for the "smooth silver ones. They'll be here monday

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
i just went ahead and order a couple from ecklers. 100 bucks for the "smooth silver ones. They'll be here monday
:surprised

Daddy war bucks! :laughing:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nope, you can do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts