Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, does anyone know who repairs key fobs ? i have two for my 94 LT-1 and neither one work. thanks, val. { and yes i have tried new batteries}

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Have you "programmed" them for your car since you changed the batteries? Are you sure that the PKE system is ON and ACTIVE?

PKE Settings
You can use the system for both doors or just the drivers door, or you can turn the system off.

To change the door settings:
  1. Put the key in the ignition, but don't turn it on.
  2. Press DOOR on the transmitter until the door locks cycle (about 2 seconds).

To turn the system off:

1. Take the key out of the ignition.
  2. Press the DOOR button on the transmitter until the door locks cycle (about 2 seconds).
  3. To turn the system back on, just repeat the steps.
Programming the PKE
  1. Move all transmitters out of range.
  2. Turn the ignition key ON (do not start vehicle).
  3. Push the TRIP ODO button on the Driver Information Center twice.
  4. Within 5 seconds, press & hold the FUEL INFO button until the Passive Keyless Entry light comes on.
  5. Turn the ignition OFF, but leave the key in the ignition. The Passive Keyless Entry light should begin to flash to show that the system is in programming mode.
  6. Bring one transmitter into range. The light will stop flashing & stay on to show that the code is stored.
  7. Move the transmitter out of range. The light should start flashing again.
  8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each additional transmitter.
The programming mode will shut off if:
  • You don't program any transmitters for two minutes.
  • You take the key out of the ignition or turn the ignition on.
  • You have programmed three transmitters.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I worked at a gm dealership. We had a tool that we could test fobs with. The tool was a receiver and when the buttons on the fob were pushed the tool would beep. I would think most gm dealers could test your fobs for you free of charge. After verifying the battery was good and the fob was still not working we would unsnap the two halves of the fob then we would remove the rubber pad with the buttons and then clean the circuit board where the back side of the buttons made contact. We used a pencil eraser or electrical contact cleaner. Many times this would fix the problem. Good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
help??

hello, does anyone know who repairs key fobs ? i have two for my 94 LT-1 and neither one work. thanks, val. { and yes i have tried new batteries} ok im not sure what the PKE is and i dont know how to reprogram them, my key fobs only lock and unlock the doors and open the hatch when they work.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
PKE = Passive Keyless Entry. I must have been editing my post when you first read it. Please re-read.
:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts