Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take all the credit for this as I have borrowed info and links from several other sources, but I felt that DC could use an all-in-one thread for keyless entry and remote start info.

From past experience, anything from Directed Electronics is great stuff. This includes Viper, Python, Clifford, Autostart and several other brands. There are discript installation guides for almost all models from Directed products, which are VERY helpful.

For most all vehicles with passkey systems, Directed also has a division called Xpresskit. Xpresskit specializes in bypasses for VATS and PASSKEY antitheft systems. In addition to bypassing VATS or PASSKEY, they allow for single wire installation for funtions such as lock, unlock, and door trigger, heated seats, & defrost, all through a single serial data wire. On the Xpresskit website you will find an application selector that will tell you what module suits your application the best.

For the vehicle wiring side for remote start/keyless entry installations, this website gives helpful information for ignition and accessory wires, lock, unlock, door trigger, etc wire colors and locations. Additionally, I also have access to electrical diagrams and connector views/breakouts for almost every automotive application.

If anyone thinks I have missed anything, please let me know and I will do my best to add it to this thread. Also, I will do my best to answer any questions anyone may have as well as and provide as many diagrams as I can. If you would, please just send me a PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts