Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post this here for starters. I need to replace the keyless entry FOB on a 1997 Grand AM. How do I do this with a new FOB? Basically how do you put the PCM or body computer or keyless module into code learning mode?
Thanks,

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
FiberglasMD said:
I'll post this here for starters. I need to replace the keyless entry FOB on a 1997 Grand AM. How do I do this with a new FOB? Basically how do you put the PCM or body computer or keyless module into code learning mode?
Thanks,
In your instruction manual, it will tell you how to teach the car the new FOB. I did it on my Vette when I needed a replacement FOB. I'm sure the procedure on the Grand Am is similar.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the Grand Am. I had to find the Keyless receiver on the right side front of the trunk. Pull back the trim and find a wire from it with just a connector hanging from it. Hooking the two wires together in the connector together puts the reciever in program mode. Then hold the lock and unlock buttons together for 12 seconds or untill the you hear the door locks cycle and the trunk release activate. Then do this for each transmitter. Then unhook the jumper on the above connector. That was all. I got this from the service manual at the Chevrolet dealer here yesterday when I got the new transmitter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts