Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DC Crew
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of photos of Bryans 1965 Zo6 vette and some babes who admire it as much as I did his efforts on it. Glenn

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
THis is one of those times that I would take the car over any of the girls...............and the girls are HOT!

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
The '65 is my favorite among the C2 years (I guess that's why I owned one), but I'm pretty sure that the Z06 option was a one year option only (just for 1963).

If you knew what you wanted, though, you could create a near duplicate of the '63 Z06 package by ordering

L84 - 375 HP Fuel Injection engine
N03 - 36 gallon fuel tank
F40 - Special Suspension System
J56 - Special Brake System

The J56 option provided the brake cooling system as equipped on the 1963 Z06 cars.

L84 - 375 HP FI engine
N03 - 36 gallon fuel tank
F40 - Special suspension System
J50 - Power brakes (4 wheel disk) with dual circuit master cylinder

The J50 option in 1965 dropped the brake cooling system that was offered on the drum brake equipped '63 & '64.

If the tank sticker had a Z0? something, it was probably Z01, which was the Convenience package (back up lights and a prismatic rear view mirror). There were a lot of those sold in '65 (15,397 according to my Black Book).

Still, a very nice looking C2!

Steven

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I don't think this belongs in the Babes section. More people will read it here I think. Nice pics.......would love to know the whole story about the kid and the car. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
This definitely deserves more of a story. That kid looks way younger than me, and has a bad-ass car that commands huge coin, especially on a total resto (parts alone...) Details would be killer.

·
DC Crew
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This definitely deserves more of a story. That kid looks way younger than me, and has a bad-ass car that commands huge coin, especially on a total resto (parts alone...) Details would be killer.
I don't know anymore than he left a post on my cardomain site and I went to his to see about his car. Those photos were there and I thought the girls and the car would go well here and it might get him interested enough to come over to Digital.
The car has been in Stock & Custom Magazine and the girls are from a photoshoot for an article coming out this fall in Vette magazine.
As far as I can find from his site, there is no story line, just hard facts about the motor (stroked 383 etc).
I left a message inviting him to drop over here, but until he gets back in touch with me there, I can't find anything more out on it.
They live in Copiague, NY, whereever THAT is!
Maybe some of you could go to his site and ask him all those questions you want answers to. I just though it was cool a young kid was hooked on a cool old C2.
His domain page link is: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2514801

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey guys, I'm the one who has the car, it's actually mine and my dad's car. It's a father son bond and project. We own the car together. Just ask away on what you wanna know! Oh and by the way, the girls weren't a part of the Vette Mag shoot, the ones on the bottom of my car domain page are from that shoot. Thanks for all the support!:)

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
By the way, it's not a Z06??
All the research I've done indicates that the Z06 option was ONLY available in 1963. However, like my post above indicates, a smart buyer could create a car that was very similar to the 63 Z06.

There are a number of things that demonstrate how the car was originally equipped (although time tends to sometime blur those trails!).

In any event, your car is outstanding, and you and your dad have done an excellent job of creating a beautiful C2. As a former '65 coupe owner, I appreciate the effort that you've put into the car to make it look like it does. I think the '67 BB hood is a great addition (mine had one, too). Mine also had side exhaust, and yours looks great. I sent out the rear vents and the cowl vents for chroming, which I thought added a lot to the looks of the car.

What clues did you have that made you think it was a Z06 optioned car?

Steven

·
Registered
34 Posts
No No I'm saying that it isn't. I don't know where the guy got that from but my CD doesn't say it and I never said that, and thanks for all you praise.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
No No I'm saying that it isn't. I don't know where the guy got that from but my CD doesn't say it and I never said that, and thanks for all you praise.
Gotcha! If you enjoy yours half as much as I enjoyed mine, then you'll be smiling for a long time.

Steven

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Hey guys, I'm the one who has the car, it's actually mine and my dad's car. It's a father son bond and project. We own the car together. Just ask away on what you wanna know!
What a fantastic build! Beautiful C2.

How long did it take to complete? Run into any major issues with the build?

Sure lots of DCers would love to see some 'progress pics' and read some stories surrounding them.

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I screwd up again! From the header on your site and your name, "nuthnlikeaZ06" I ASSUMED that you had made it into one. We all know what the letters 'ASS U ME' mean, and I guess I did. :smack Sorry. Glenn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well the build took about 2 and half years and we didn't really run into anything too major, after the engine was in it turned on the first crank.

·
DC Crew
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lotto ticket

What a great build to spend some time with your Dad. Makes the project more than just a 'car thing'.

You should have bought a lotto ticket while you were on such a good day
:laughing:
Damn!! NOW you make that suggestion. Why didn't I think of that two days ago when all that good luck was happening to me reference those photo shoots?:thud: Glenn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Vette Mag Release

:Hey guys be sure to pickup an issue of vette magazine on October the 16th for our spread!!:thumbsup: :excited: :

·
DC Crew
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Way cool! Will you be posting the article here with photos? Look forward to it. Congradulations. Glenn

1 - 20 of 25 Posts