Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car must really look like a completely unmodded car. Factory wheels (widened), lightly tinted windows and NOTHING else to let you know it is anything other than showroom stock.

Today, on the way home from the gym, my bro in law (B-I-L owns 730 whp Evo, STi, TT G35, and some other fast cars ) and I are driving in my Corvette. Along pulls up a modded, new BMW M3 with an owner that is grinning at us like we are his prey. Meanwhile, we are in my car, laughing under our breath. At about 40 mph in close traffic, the BMW driver accelerates briskly to let me know he is interested. I can tell that I am going to CRUSH this guy. Instead of racing him, I decide to reciprocate with my own exhibition of acceleration and, if he still wants to play, I'll be game. I shift into 2nd gear and at about 40 mph, I stick my foot to the floor, grab all of 2nd gear, and leave this guy reeling in the wake of the assault of sight and sound. My passenger and I were looking at his face when I nailed it - his eyes got as big as plates and his jaw gaped open. My B-I-L and I laugh. I think if I laughed any harder, I would have wet my sweatpants. I decelerate, let the BMW pull along side and ask him if he wants to take a shot at the title. He declined, knowing full well that he was screwed. We laughed about it the rest of the trip home.

That is a guy that will think twice about picking on a Corvette.

· Premium Member
3,612 Posts
His European driving shoes turned to sneakers, his $12 latte turned into gas station coffee, and his ego deflated like a whoopie cushion.

:laughing:

· Registered
357 Posts
Yeah, those M3's are dog slow. I repeatedly destroyed one locally one day.

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, those M3's are dog slow. I repeatedly destroyed one locally one day.
Its not like I was concerned that he was going to beat me - even a heavily modded M3 is no match. In fact, the most recent R&T took the stock M3, ZR1, F430, Jag XKR and ran them against their race counterparts. They posted times for 80 - 130 mph, a good time was 7.5. My car is 70 - 140 in appx 7 seconds.

· Registered
230 Posts
Its not like I was concerned that he was going to beat me - even a heavily modded M3 is no match. In fact, the most recent R&T took the stock M3, ZR1, F430, Jag XKR and ran them against their race counterparts. They posted times for 80 - 130 mph, a good time was 7.5. My car is 70 - 140 in appx 7 seconds.
Heavily modded M3 60-130mph is 5.07 seconds. You should get a Vbox and see what you can really do:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...icial-60-130-1-4-mile-standing-mile-list.html

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.