Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm certain this is a kill story. While running very hard in my Tahoe I was passing a semi. About half way up the trailer a deer comes running out in front of the semi cab into my lane. There was no time to respond and I hit that sucker head on......dead center. He rolled under the Tahoe, got ran over by the left front tire and somehow was able to pass me for just a moment as he flew out the side of the 'Hoe. He was outside my side window doing about the same speed as me and airborne. I have no idea how.

Damage was minimal because I have a fairly heavy brush guard and a slight bumper dent and a crooked driving light was about it. That makes three this year. I've got enough fur stuck in my bumper to weave an Indian blanket. If I'm afraid I'm going to have to get my driver's license stamped by Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife.

I hate those damned animals. Stupid, stupid creatures that belong in a zoo.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Thank goodness you were able to keep a cool head and avoid major damage (or worse). I thank all hunters for their service in culling their numbers.

I found a recent insurance map that shows deer hit odds by state. Sorry about the small image - couldn't find a bigger one.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
My wife used to drive many miles thru dense forest on her way to a client's house. One day she came home and told me she "barely" missed hitting a deer and maybe even grazed it. Later as I was walking past her car to get to mine I noticed something odd on her left rear quarterpanel. As I got closer I realized it was deer hair and deer ****. Yeah she grazed it..........

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,393 Posts

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Install a Snow Plow Gunny on the Tahoe.
Also hang a Pistol out the Window.
Shoot Bambi dead.

I hit a 200 lb Buck FAMF Deer last year in.my Suburban .
Mother went Airborne and 50 feet away into a ditch.
I killed him instant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts