Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good set of wheels to go on my vette. Here are some photos of where it is now. http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149184

With that said, I really like the look of the faux knock offs on the stock wheels that came with it. But I would love to get something just slightly more modern. Do you all know of any nice looking wheels with faux knock offs or spinners on them? Not like spinners that move. Just the ones that used to be on hubs. I may have the name wrong. Thoughts?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a set-up of real knock-offs made for C3 Vettes by Western Wheel company (look the same as the C2 versions.) They have not been made for about 10-15 years now and are 15X8 wide. The wheels are in good shape but hardware needs some help. The hardware is the same as the 64-66 Vette wheels used and reproduced. I'll sell the whole set for $950 including knock-off adapters. Email me at [email protected] for photos.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Why would you want to go back to stock wheels and the performance of 15" tires with the engine, trans, and offset arms you have????

Also-the aftermarket look-a-like spinners are a pain in the butt. I had them, they sucked. Everytime you wanted to remove a wheel or check your lug nuts, you had to remove the spinner centers and you needed an allen wrench and tiny fingers to do that. :down:

I'd look at 18x8" front and 18x10" rear modern wheels with a retro look if I where you. This opens up your tire options too, which you'll need with any kind of HP.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I wasn't more clear. I am definitely not going w stock wheels. I am going to either get 17 or 18s.

17x8 front. 17x10or9 rears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts