Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell where on the C4 1988 is the knock sensor loacated .. I know on the block but I looked and alot of stuff on that motor LOL ... right ??left ??? top ??? botom??? omg please not the botom this car is so fn low my fat a-- wouldn't fit ..... Thanks Bobby

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I dont remember off hand which side it is on, on my 86, but it is on the bottom very close to the oil pan

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Yep, thats the spot on my 88. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The knock sensor for your model is located on the lower passenger side of your engine block just forward of the starter.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all who helped

This site is the best ..I been on other sites but none has helped me as this one,and so fast..I want to thank all who replyed to what I asked and yes it was up by the starter ,and yes my fat a-- did fit after I drove my car up on the home made ramp I made out of 2x6 and plywood ,very heavy but I know the cars not going to move on me ..Thanks again to everybody and thanks to Digtal Corvette for the best site.......:thumbsup:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I know what you mean by fat ass. :laughing:

I bough the steel ramps from Sears and I didn't have a prayer at changing the oil. My belly got stuck at the lower radiator baffle. There was no way I was fitting from the side. :lookinup: I've gained a few lbs over the last year and now I can hardly fit under my conversion van while it's on jackstands. Time to drop about 40 or so.

:thud:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts