Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Grand Sport convertible. When I make a fairly sharp turn to the right I hear kind of a rattle or knocking noise. Only happens in right turns. Any ideas?

·
Registered
614 Posts
HI leonboyd:
My 2018 GS had a clicking sound when I made a slow sharp turn (eg: backing out of a driveway). The dealer corrected, said it was something to do with the brakes. I have the Z07 package, so it might have been related specifically to that brake (Carbon Ceramic) setup.

Actual text from the repair order:
" NEC to resurface both front rotor and rotor to wheel surfaces"

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised too. All I know is that the noise went away.

Also, my issue was more of clicking, not a rattle or knocking.

Good luck/let us know what you find out. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My c7 stingray had the same issue of ticking or clicking when slow turning backing out of a space or turning at very low speeds. Very faint sound, but would hear it daily in the parking garage at work when backing out and pulling forward. Did some other forum research and talked to dealership and there is a Chevy service bulletin on this issue. It has nothing to do with the brakes.
The noise is caused by corrosion / spacing between the wheel hub and the wheels. Remedy was to remove front wheels and clean and lubricate contact surfaces between wheel and connecting plate. And then the wheel lug nuts are tightened to pretty extreme torque specs. I was alittle skeptical at first, but it did solve the issue 100%

1 - 7 of 7 Posts