·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
this is my favorite part....

gossly underestimated by the media and public....

"Walker's budget bill also allows his administration to sell power plants that heat and cool state buildings to private companies without any bids.

Critics have seized on that provision, saying they are convinced the Koch brothers' business interests would be able to buy power plants on the cheap, and then profit by running them and driving up the price of energy.

Koch Industries has denied any interest in buying the plants. Republicans tried to privatize Wisconsin's power plants in 2005, but the plan was vetoed by Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle."

No bid sales.....:crazy:

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is my favorite part....

gossly underestimated by the media and public....

"Walker's budget bill also allows his administration to sell power plants that heat and cool state buildings to private companies without any bids.

Critics have seized on that provision, saying they are convinced the Koch brothers' business interests would be able to buy power plants on the cheap, and then profit by running them and driving up the price of energy.

Koch Industries has denied any interest in buying the plants. Republicans tried to privatize Wisconsin's power plants in 2005, but the plan was vetoed by Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle."

No bid sales.....:crazy:
Seems to be the Pub way. No bid contracts for security and rebuilding. No bid contracts to build jet engines. No bid contracts to sell power plants. No bid everything! What happenned to their sense of fair competition? Serious. What the ****?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is exactly what they are doing for their big corp buddies.

If the Dems did this for an ethanol plant, you would be going ape **** and posting about it every week and you know it!

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Seems to be the Pub way. No bid contracts for security and rebuilding. No bid contracts to build jet engines. No bid contracts to sell power plants. No bid everything! What happenned to their sense of fair competition? Serious. What the ****?
yep.

Cept nobody knows it's happening, and the few that do know and hide that detail to support their party.

I remember the bitching about Obama and GE, but Republicans are supposed to be saving the country with good ol fashioned conservative free market capitalism and saving our budget.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
That is exactly what they are doing for their big corp buddies.

If the Dems did this for an ethanol plant, you would be going ape **** and posting about it every week and you know it!

(For the eleven thousandth time) Which big corp buddies ? The ones that gave more money to the DNC... then the RNC ?

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(For the eleven thousandth time) Which big corp buddies ? The ones that gave more money to the DNC... then the RNC ?

Take a look at the top spenders in the last campaign season. I see a lot of red on that list. Now look at the money spent by 517 groups. Also a lot more red on that list.

Wo, what-chu-talkin-bout, Willis?

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
So... so what ? Where are you going with this ? Does your example not show you (once again) that both party's attribute their earnings from the same corps ? That these corps lean neither right nor left, but rather, donate to the party that they feel will most benefit from ?

So... this "big corp RNC" charge, as you can plainly see, again... is nothing more then a leftism. Right ? That is to say... some truth surrounded by lies.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
So the whole budget issues with the state is a complete farce
and he's doing it for other reasons? Interesting.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
You support no bid contracts? I thought that was anti-capitalist/free market? If something is going to be privitized it should be open to all bidders and reviewed every year or two. If costs are increasing, put it back out for new bids.

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You support no bid contracts? I thought that was anti-capitalist/free market? If something is going to be privitized it should be open to all bidders and reviewed every year or two. If costs are increasing, put it back out for new bids.
He is only anti-no-bid when it is a Dem accused of doing it. When a Pub does ANYTHING, VFP gives them a free pass.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
We weren't talking about no bids... I was correcting the young-in -in his belief of big corp and the allegations to the RNC.

No bids are a necessity in certain citations... would you both not agree ?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Interesting tidbit.. Unions spent more money on the last election cycle than all the banks and corps combined.
Amazing how Obama bought and paid for GM transferring ownership to the unions, Most of the "stimulus" money went toward union jobs, Obama jumped on the side of the unions in WI before he even knew what was going on there, from his own words.

Any one see a pattern?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts