Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
12,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2010/10/30/business/doc4cc8f41a358da650419218.txt

"Business.Elections expose underwriters of the oil agenda
Published: Saturday, October 30, 2010

Election campaigns live on even after the votes are cast.

One of the campaign issues sure to linger on long after the votes are counted this coming Tuesday is the role that David and Charles Koch, the oil barons out of Wichita, Kansas, have played in shaping the outcome of 2010 elections.

It hasn’t exactly been a secret in the past that the Koch brothers have supported conservative organizations such as Americans for Tax Reform, and think-tanks such as the Cato Institute. But this year, the role of Koch interests has come under fresh scrutiny, which isn’t going to stop once the campaign signs have been swept up.

The scrutiny of the Koch brothers and their influence on the debate over climate change and energy policy is likely to intensify.

The climate change issue has been shaped currently by a debate over data tainted by global warming advocates too eager to score points in the press, leaving the Koch brothers with an impressive victory. Even if the oil industry loses a key vote out in California that seeks to reverse the state’s aggressive plans for curbing greenhouse gases, the Koch brothers have been handed a substantial victory.

Energy policy, however, is a bit trickier of a subject for the Koch interests to corral. Over the past 30 years, suddenly rising oil prices have upended the American economy while suddenly declining prices have undermined investments in new energy-saving technology, conservation and even new sources of oil and gas.

Nevertheless, the Koch brothers have emerged from this election cycle as one of the principal opponents of the creation of an energy policy that could help stabilize the economy and begin to help ease the dependence on foreign oil, which has set in motion a steady transfer of substantial sums of wealth from the U.S. to the nation’s enemies in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Terror and oil have been inextricably linked for more than 30 years and the U.S. has expended more than a trillion dollars and thousands of lives over the past two decades to try and stabilize the region around the Middle East.

The region still isn’t stabilized and the next round of conflict across the region could very well be even more terrible.

Simple common sense would dictate that the U.S. has to find a way to free the U.S. economy from its dependence on oil and there are plenty of Americans, including plenty of political conservatives, who want to make the effort. If you go back to the 2000 presidential campaign, Dick Cheney said the U.S. needed a comprehensive energy policy.

Continued..."

· Registered
19,925 Posts
You talk like we need one. The only change that needs to take place is the deletion of the policy we have now.

· Registered
432 Posts
Sounds like the Department of Energy could have another mission!! :rolling:

The Department of Energy (DoE) Carter’s worst failure

The incomprehensible DoE mission statement would be funny if it weren’t so infuriating. It says nothing about lowering energy prices, its original assignment. Today nobody knows what it does only that it doesn’t lower oil prices.

Now Industry experts are talking about possible $300.00 oil. The DoE was created to lower our dependence on foreign oil, but today we use 45% more than when Carter started it. DoE’s 15,000 workers “need” $24 billion a year to complete its mystery assignment, yet it gives us nothing in return.

Carter’s worst damage is the DoE. It never produced anything but wasted the time and money needed to achieve American energy independent.

:D:smack

· Registered
12,429 Posts
Sounds like the Department of Energy could have another mission!! :rolling:

The Department of Energy (DoE) Carter’s worst failure

The incomprehensible DoE mission statement would be funny if it weren’t so infuriating. It says nothing about lowering energy prices, its original assignment. Today nobody knows what it does only that it doesn’t lower oil prices.

Now Industry experts are talking about possible $300.00 oil. The DoE was created to lower our dependence on foreign oil, but today we use 45% more than when Carter started it. DoE’s 15,000 workers “need” $24 billion a year to complete its mystery assignment, yet it gives us nothing in return.

Carter’s worst damage is the DoE. It never produced anything but wasted the time and money needed to achieve American energy independent.

:D:smack
:agree:
Another perfect example of how the government functions... with it's head up it's ass, mired down in a morass of bureaucratic molasses. It's only purpose perverted to absorbing as much wasted tax dollars as it can while providing a safe haven for a hoard of government leeches.

· Registered
3,517 Posts
Bring on the Koch's, and clean out the roaches.
All part of the energy Scam

Say How green is Dino oil anyway ?

I mean if your so green and all

I think you're just Full'o'shitt myself lol

And looking for more ways to Tax the citizens of the United States Of America,

Bon:nuts:

· Banned
31,437 Posts
All part of the energy Scam

Say How green is Dino oil anyway ?
Who cares? It's the only working technology as of now. California has proved that being green, is being scammed. :nuts:

I mean if your so green and all
Not me, I could care less about being involved in the green scam. :nuts:

I think you're just Full'o'shitt myself lol
And I take that as a compliment, coming from a kalifornian.. :thumbsup:

And looking for more ways to Tax the citizens of the United States Of America,

Bon:nuts:
You guys out west have set the standard for taxing the US citizen, maybe it's time to get back and let the adults run ****. :nuts:

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.