Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
359 Posts
I need help making a choice! Not sure who is better kooks or AR. Also catted vs. off-road.
I went with ARH's, no real reason except that the tuner prefered them. I understand that they are all about the same, though LG's are supposed to deliver a little more torque. Either way I think you will be very happy with the improvement in performance. Good Luck

·
Banned
359 Posts
what should be the sound/loudness of catted long tube headers with a full exhaust?
I have B&B Rte 66 cat back along with my ARH's, and the sound volumn, and quality is perfect. Not too loud like the bullets, but good and throaty.

·
Registered
161 Posts
what should be the sound/loudness of catted long tube headers with a full exhaust?
Headers will add much more rasp and some more volume to whatever muffler setup you pick. Deleting cats will double the effect. Crossover pipe is supposed to smooth out the popping, though my '07 pops and snaps obscenely- like a GT racing car- even with my xpipe. I was shocked at first, but now I LOVE IT!!! I'll have to post an audio clip once I figure out how. Jeremy Formato said he thought it must be a s/w difference with the '07s. It's the only car I've heard sound like that!

Kooks vs. ARH- I'd go with the best price deal. No huge difference in performance, IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Opus -

Any luck on posting that audio file?? I'd love to hear it!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally Bought It!!

Finally bought it, went with kooks. Now I just have to wait 2-3 weeks to get it. i wish i was just a little patient. Can't wait to get it installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts