Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tuner is talking about installing a L76 Intake and I was wondering if he will be able to reinstall the factory Engine "Beauty" Covers? If not, are there any aftermarket covers available that work with the L76 Intake? Any pictures of an engine with the L76 installed?

I know that when you install a FAST Intake, the covers will no longer fit. Anyone?

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
My Tuner is talking about installing a L76 Intake and I was wondering if he will be able to reinstall the factory Engine "Beauty" Covers? If not, are there any aftermarket covers available that work with the L76 Intake? Any pictures of an engine with the L76 installed?

I know that when you install a FAST Intake, the covers will no longer fit. Anyone?
Hey, no problem, man.....those things go right back on the L76 as stock . Mine looks bone stock under the hood and I've been rocking the L76/L92 setup for awhile now. No one can tell the difference. Yes, the FAST makes it almost impossible to get the covers back on and in some cases, as it was with mine when I had a FAST, I couldn't get them back on at all. I don't have a pic of my engine with the L76 in it, but look at a stock LS2 and thats what it appears to be. Don't sweat it, it'll be a perfect fit!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, no problem, man.....those things go right back on the L76 as stock . Mine looks bone stock under the hood and I've been rocking the L76/L92 setup for awhile now. No one can tell the difference. Yes, the FAST makes it almost impossible to get the covers back on and in some cases, as it was with mine when I had a FAST, I couldn't get them back on at all. I don't have a pic of my engine with the L76 in it, but look at a stock LS2 and thats what it appears to be. Don't sweat it, it'll be a perfect fit!:thumbsup:
Thanks Evil, I'll make sure we do not use a FAST!

Sent you a PM

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
What are the HP gains for the L76 intake manifold? How much $ ? Got a link?

Thank you.:thumbsup:
you have to use L92 heads w/ the L76 for it to work, most of the gains are from the heads, but the L76 does out flow the stock LS2, but is pretty much on par with the LS6. If you're going for dyno numbers for intake alone or with AFR or other aftermarket heads, then I'd reccommend the FAST, but there is always the installation cutting and fiberglass to go with and the bright grey color. I wanted a stealthy looks,good solid HP across the powerband and inexpensive, so I went with the L92/L76.About $1500.00 total for intake and heads and you'll need some other small parts like offset rockers and rocker stands and to have the heads milled to .30 so to retain the stock compression ratio with the stock gaskets and have a cam installed. All that ran about another $750.00 ( milling was $300, cam was $400).

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Fast with LS2 Covers??

No problem??

:cheers:

·
Registered
477 Posts
you have to use L92 heads w/ the L76 for it to work, most of the gains are from the heads, but the L76 does out flow the stock LS2, but is pretty much on par with the LS6. If you're going for dyno numbers for intake alone or with AFR or other aftermarket heads, then I'd reccommend the FAST, but there is always the installation cutting and fiberglass to go with and the bright grey color. I wanted a stealthy looks,good solid HP across the powerband and inexpensive, so I went with the L92/L76.About $1500.00 total for intake and heads and you'll need some other small parts like offset rockers and rocker stands and to have the heads milled to .30 so to retain the stock compression ratio with the stock gaskets and have a cam installed. All that ran about another $750.00 ( milling was $300, cam was $400).
Great info man! you are a true asset to this forum, I thought I could use 1 w/out the other though, having said that I think I'll go all out on heads/cam aftermarket for best possible HP gains, since the intake-heads need eachother, I was just hoping for a cheaper aternative to the FAST.
Thanx again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts