Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
From what I understand, the L92/L76 won't void the warranty, but the tune and the cam you'll need will.I got mine from Pace, but there is vendors here that sell the set up as well as install...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
359 Posts
From what I understand, the L92/L76 won't void the warranty, but the tune and the cam you'll need will.I got mine from Pace, but there is vendors here that sell the set up as well as install...:thumbsup:
Evil,

Do the heads come complete or do you use your existing valves, springs, etc?

I noticed at the Pace website that GM performance has cams, did you check to see if there was a GM that can work with your setup?

Thanks for you help by the way. Mods are fun, just need to make sure of the information before making the leap.

Gary

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Evil,

Do the heads come complete or do you use your existing valves, springs, etc?

I noticed at the Pace website that GM performance has cams, did you check to see if there was a GM that can work with your setup?

Thanks for you help by the way. Mods are fun, just need to make sure of the information before making the leap.

Gary
I had duel springs,hardened pushrods and tit. retainers installed on the old heads due to the cam I used as a first mod, they swapped right over to the L92s with no problem. Yes, the L92's come assembled and you could use them as is, but I like the idea of better springs with a cam.I had read and view every piece of material on the L92/L76 before install and knew what to expect. I agree with you on that, too many people just throw on parts that don't mesh well with one another.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Evil,

Another question for you. Can you use the stock FRC's with the L92, and any chance you can post a pic of your engine?

Thanks,

Gary

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd post a pic if I had one, but you can always look at a stock one, no difference at all. FRCs work 100% as normal.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Thanks for posting.

I will be doing something very much like this on my 1985 LS2 Project Vette.

Once the LS2 is in, running, and the basic install bugs are worked, it will get the same heads, matching intake, and a hot GM cam.

I am running a 3K TCI stall converter, headers, (no cats) - and will have a custom tune.

I didn't know about milling the heads (truth is, I haven't reseached it all that hard yet).

Also dropping a 255 Holley fuel pump in the tank today.

Questions.

1. Did you also swap the intake?
2. Specs for the cam?
3. How did you measure or deal with the push-rod swap?
4. What is your rear gear ratio?

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks for posting.

I will be doing something very much like this on my 1985 LS2 Project Vette.

Once the LS2 is in, running, and the basic install bugs are worked, it will get the same heads, matching intake, and a hot GM cam.

I am running a 3K TCI stall converter, headers, (no cats) - and will have a custom tune.

I didn't know about milling the heads (truth is, I haven't reseached it all that hard yet).

Also dropping a 255 Holley fuel pump in the tank today.

Questions.

1. Did you also swap the intake?
2. Specs for the cam?
3. How did you measure or deal with the push-rod swap?
4. What is your rear gear ratio?
1)Yes, swapped the FAST for the L76, you have to to fit the heads.
2) the cam specs are my shop's custom grind, but it is a blower cam. The shop owner Jeff may give you the specs, but I'm not inclined to.
3) the pushrods are the same hardened pushrods as the stockers used. The rockers are offset(you'll need a set of those and the rocker stands that work with them).
4) the rear ratio is the stock for the A6, 2.??, it's crazy low, but makes for great gearing with this tranny.
**** just to let you know if you didn't, there is a intake and carb set up for the L92 that produces more HP than the FI intake.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts