Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and found this to be the one of the best L98 headers.
Now heres the real question,my car will be slammed like my buddy's old car in the second pic.Anyone have these headers with a slammed car? And how's the clearance..

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just put TPIS headers and Mini Ram on a 91 out here in Hawaii, Wahiawa. And the car wasnt slammed but clearance was no different than the factory exhaust, maybe an inch, but nothing like old headers.
My 93 has long tubes, and isnt slammed like Kalanis was, but clearance is actually compromised only by the Cat back at the back hanger in front of the diff, only when I drive out of my driveway, if I dont go at an angle.
TPIS is very good.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you bought a C4?? what year?

Those TPiS?? I think you should be okay, my Hooker headers don't hang down too far if at all
Not yet,next month i'll be looking for a 91 to 95 6 speed.Red white or black..with some money left for a couple mods..

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put TPIS headers and Mini Ram on a 91 out here in Hawaii, Wahiawa. And the car wasnt slammed but clearance was no different than the factory exhaust, maybe an inch, but nothing like old headers.
My 93 has long tubes, and isnt slammed like Kalanis was, but clearance is actually compromised only by the Cat back at the back hanger in front of the diff, only when I drive out of my driveway, if I dont go at an angle.
TPIS is very good.
Good deal Steve,i'll have to come look at your car before i make a purchase,i have'nt seen your car for a couple years now..

Thanks for your input guy's,i'll take a quik look at the heedmans too..

·
Registered
724 Posts
If you are really that worried about it, I know a company that is selling bolt on air ride kits for C-4 corvettes. Then it wouldn't matter.:partyon:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What company is offering this?
Hey Tim,
Do you have any close up pics of your rims?In the wheel section there is a question of how deep a dish a c4 rim can be,i know your are pretty deep.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey Tim,
Do you have any close up pics of your rims?In the wheel section there is a question of how deep a dish a c4 rim can be,i know your are pretty deep.
My rims are 11" wide on the rear and that is as deep as you can put on one.

·
Registered
724 Posts
What company is offering this?
It's a company called Sterling Accessories. They sell lambo door kits like mine, mirror kits for under the hood, and are just now offering air ride kits specially made for C4 corvettes.

http://www.sterlingaccessories.com/contactus.html
They don't list them on their website yet, but I have included their contact page. Call them or email them, and they will give you a price. Very nice people to deal with and they sell quality stuff.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sorry, I see what you are talking about. Mines deep on the inside. 17x11

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CCw can make them pretty deep. C4 regular and ZR1 18x12 and 18x13

And a standard 17x11 by ARE

And HRE
Nice Steve,the second one,rear tire is sweet,i also love the 505A's on the c4,the deep dish gives the c4 a whole new look.I don't care much for the double lip,i like the deep straight line of a deep dish..19" minimum,with a 2 to 3 inch drop on the car with some rubber band tires..:thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts