Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While re-installing my polished plenum and runners I accidentally broke the plastic vaccuum tube that connects to the right side of the throttle body, and the smaller one that connects to the bottom left side and forks off to the manifold. they both work there way down into the front left of the nose where there is an emissions canister.

I have tried to patch it with hoses as I am told from gm these are discontinued parts.

are those two lines real important, or are they just emissions crap?
are there any consequenses to them being leaky or disconnected?

does anyone know of a place that sells the proper plastic tubes?

thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
There are several things you can do I like to use alum or copper tubing they make it that way for pilot lines on cooking equipment, just use some small bits of rubber tubing at the ends. Also, you can buy the plastic tubing from a large truck repair shop it is rated for high temps. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,092 Posts
There are several things you can do I like to use alum or copper tubing they make it that way for pilot lines on cooking equipment, just use some small bits of rubber tubing at the ends. Also, you can buy the plastic tubing from a large truck repair shop it is rated for high temps. :thumbsup:

^^^Good Info^^^

Just another add on......if you can't get a hold of anything NICKO suggested, you can get black plastic tubing at a local fish store thats used for air pumps in aquariums. That should do the job also and can be cut to size. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Mine are capped off where they would connect to the Evap canister the canister was removed when the C-5 nose was installed and I have no codes and no problems. Evap system purges gas fumes from gas tank and sends them to the intake.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
excellent idea's guys!

at the moment it patched it up with larger hose here and there, but I am sure thats gonna screw the suction cause its not the same size. I

·
Registered
234 Posts
I did the same thing to my lines and I am glad to hear that I am not alone. I will try the copper tubing . It sure broke easy.

·
Registered
235 Posts
you can buy the tubing at advance auto parts, the tubing and the connectors to go onto the end are in purple packages and I think they say "air tite" on them. the tubing I think even says emissions tubing on the package. then they have all the rubber L fittings and straight fittings to put onto the end.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats all good info guys!

in case anyone is wondering, I put a cap on the hose fiiting in the middle of the right side of the throttle body, and it runs great plugged off. good for now anyway

·
Daily News
2,373 Posts
Also, look at the Motormite Help products section in your local auto parts store. They carry a lot of those vacuum check valves, tees, etc...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have completely deleted all the emmissions stuff on my car. I still have at least one complete set of the vacuum lines and might have part of another one due to the fact that I have two extra tpi motors in my garage. SC has no inspection, so I don't need all that crap. might be easier to go the route stated by a couple people above, but if you need it, I can send it to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts