Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LA Auto Show

The note I received today said the C6 is "scheduled" to debut at the LA Auto Show on 1/5. I guess I hope we don't get to see it 6 days later. After disappointing pics and spy shots, the newer pictures suggest it's a dynamite car. My 2001 is destined to be traded in.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
:(
WELL IF THE PUBLIC INTRO AT LOS ANGELES IS 1/5 (OR LATER IN THE SHOW), THEN THAT FLAT OUT...WHY WAIT TO 1/5?!? THAT'S A MONDAY:down:! I don't think they would hold out until the 11th either...the show ends on the 11th!

I went today (1/3) and I was there from 5:00PM to about 9:45PM. I strolled over to the GM display area and NO C6! A C5 conv., a couple of C5 coupes, and a Z06.:huh:

Okay, I'm cool. If I have to, I'll go back and pay $20 again (parking and entry):surprised ! just to see the C6.,,

Awwwww, forget it...Maybe I'll just wait until it hits the dealer lots and take a bunch of pix there like I always do FOR FREE (Thanks Richard Hibbard Chevrolet!).

MIKEETC

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
HELLO ALL

Well, did some surfing and the Chevrolet website states that the C6 will make an "Autoshow Appearance" at the Los Angeles show January 5th to 11th.

I guess they wanted to wait until after its debut at Detroit.

What's the icon for getting a kick in the pants?:laughing:

I was thinking this one: :nuts: But its not that painful.

But then I thought, this one: :spanked: But its not that kinky.

Probably this: :nuts: + :spanked:

Oh well...

MIKEETC

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hey MIKEETC, what's another $20?

It'll save you 9 months of wondering.

:partyon:

·
Registered
8 Posts
According to the Chevy website, the new C6 will be unveiled today (1/4/04) at the Detriot Auto Show at approx 7:15 PM. You can watch this live (or close to it) via their webcast through the website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LA Auto Show rep just responded to my inquiry re. when the C6 will be at the show and open to the public. They said Monday AM, 1/5.

(possibly an unexpected and unplanned vacation day for one vette enthusiast)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just watched the debut of the C6 at the Detroit Auto Show. Fantastic! I cannot wait until Fall.

·
Registered
477 Posts
VettePilot said:
According to the Chevy website, the new C6 will be unveiled today (1/4/04) at the Detriot Auto Show at approx 7:15 PM. You can watch this live (or close to it) via their webcast through the website.

Yep I just finished watching it. No doubt the enginering is there but the stylist must have been out to lunch. I just does not have a nice look about it. Of course the same thing can be said about the Porshe 911, (which it reminds me of) so perhaps the looks are not all that important.

THE HECK THE'RE NOT!

Every one here sat through the presentation and got up and left almost as soon as they rolled it out. Not one person liked it.

IMHO The porpotions seen out of wHacK, it's a really ugly and awkward looking car. What a shame they wasted a new engine on it.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
RF Hayes said:
Yep I just finished watching it. No doubt the enginering is there but the stylist must have been out to lunch. I just does not have a nice look about it. Of course the same thing can be said about the Porshe 911, (which it reminds me of) so perhaps the looks are not all that important.

THE HECK THE'RE NOT!

Every one here sat through the presentation and got up and left almost as soon as they rolled it out. Not one person liked it.

IMHO The porpotions seen out of wHacK, it's a really ugly and awkward looking car. What a shame they wasted a new engine on it.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
RF Hayes said:

THE HECK THE'RE NOT!

:lookinup: :lookinup:

were you watching the same webcast I was? ;) :laughing: :D

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
RF Hayes said:

THE HECK THE'RE NOT!

I'm sorry, but I think the VAST MAJORITY of current Vette owners think the new C6 is a real beauty. Myself included! Everybody has an opinion, this is mine in reply. :cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will also be there Saturday. I see very little wrong with car from the style to what appears to be excellent performance. They could have my order now. The commercial is great, and the music works. Can't wait to try the car out on the 15 South toward San Diego.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
c6 not going to last

You guys are right it has all the cool gadgets that you could get, but i bet you after 2-3 years of selling well it will drop because alot of c5 owners who are not as rich as the 15 percent of c5 owners will not drop an extra 35000 after they sell the c5 to upgrade to a c6. When i saw it i I said cool but it looked just like my c5, i cannot justify getting a c6. If it were a totally different car i would have already contacted my dealer to put me down for the first one yesterday, but it isn't as car and driver says its a c5 and 11/16ths. I showed the c6 pics to my two nephews 3 and 7 yrs old and they said thats my car and i asked them which one is more nice looking both said my car and not the c6. You cant get more honest that 2 kids. Gm made a big mistake by continuing the c5 line into the c6, why get a c6 when you can get a c5 that basically looks like a c6 and yet is as beautiful as one and drop an extra few bucks and get a z06 with a ls6 engine and still get more horses. Love it all you want, but this car is not going to last more than 5 years at the most,.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: c6 not going to last

amoxil said:
You guys are right it has all the cool gadgets that you could get, but i bet you after 2-3 years of selling well it will drop because alot of c5 owners who are not as rich as the 15 percent of c5 owners will not drop an extra 35000 after they sell the c5 to upgrade to a c6. When i saw it i I said cool but it looked just like my c5, i cannot justify getting a c6. If it were a totally different car i would have already contacted my dealer to put me down for the first one yesterday, but it isn't as car and driver says its a c5 and 11/16ths. I showed the c6 pics to my two nephews 3 and 7 yrs old and they said thats my car and i asked them which one is more nice looking both said my car and not the c6. You cant get more honest that 2 kids. Gm made a big mistake by continuing the c5 line into the c6, why get a c6 when you can get a c5 that basically looks like a c6 and yet is as beautiful as one and drop an extra few bucks and get a z06 with a ls6 engine and still get more horses. Love it all you want, but this car is not going to last more than 5 years at the most,.
This is the 9th or 10th post I've read on different forums soliciting children under 12's opinions. I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

:huh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.