Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 LT4 6spd and have noticed a lag in acceleration and deceleration at 2500 RPM. It is somewhat subtle and I was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination.

Today I read on Consumer Guide Automotive about a misfiring issue on the '95 Corvette..."If the engines with a manual 6-speed transmission surge or sag at engine speeds below 2500 rpm, there is a revised PROM to correct it. (1995)"
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...corvette-2.htm

It does specify that it is the '95 model that is affected by this problem, but my '96 apparently has this issue as well. In addition, it states there is a revised PROM to correct it.

1. How can I get a revised PROM?

2. I plan on getting a LT4 tune on a dyno next week. Will the tune correct the issue? I asked my friend, at the performance shop that is performing the tune, about the lag issue and he was not familiar with this issue. Can someone provide me some more defined technical information about this issue and how to resolve it; so that I may be able to more specifically explain the problem to him?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont understand lag in deceleration:huh:
While the car is decelerating in gear, the deceleration will increase more at 2500 without touching anything, but kind of like I lightly tapped the breaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts