Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I work on the weekends as a catering chef. Great job. As a student, I love it. I get to go to some pretty swanky places and meet some cool people.

So this weekend I have a party near a home that my family looked at about 3 years back. I vividly remember there being a red viper parked in the drive way at that point in time, but I don't see it around now. so I pull up to the house with my assistant chef and knock on the front door...no answer. So I go around to the side of the house where a band seems to be unloading, where the viper was 3 years back there was now a dark blue Lambrogini Gallardo. I look in his open Garage and see a red car cover with the prancing horse on it, but i can tell the shape hidden by the cover is not from Modena, rather from Bowling Green Kentucky. I could tell even covered it was a C6 vert.

Later after the party was finished and we were packing up i was speaking to the gentlemen and found out he was the owner of two local dealerships one domestic and one import. He informed me he used to have a Modena 360 but sold it for the Gallardo, and was much happier with it. He went on to tell me he was a big fan of Italian cars and how well built they are. I ask him about the Corvette and if he has driven the new Z06, he said to me that he has not driven it but he went to Detroit for the unveiling.
Then he smirks a little and says to me, "Ya know, to be honest I enjoy driving the corvette much more then the Lambo. Its much more comfortable and (although it has 100 less hp) it feels faster."

He went on to tell me that in a lot of ways the corvette is superior to his Lambo and his old Ferrari. Knowing he owns a Ford dealership I ask him about the GT. The only thing he says is I have had 2 (at the dealer not personally) and sold them both, then slightly under his breath, "That car is a piece of ****. it rattles and ergonomically its poorly designed. not to mention its on recall. for more then one thing.

I found it pretty funny. But it was a good experience and cool to see that some one who could own pretty much any car he wanted would choose a corvette and also cool to get his insite on why he made that choice.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Interesting!

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Schism... I own a Ford GT and have over 1000 miles on it. That Ford dealer you talked to is full of ****. This car is crazy fast, solid, smooth and is more fun to drive than any car I have ever driven... which includes the Vipers I currently own, ferrari's, porsche's I have owned in the past. I would like to see a car that has not had a recall for something. The recalls have been taken care of without any hassle. This car was only in production for 2 years. They were bound to find something that needed more attention for such a short production run. I will keep my GT for a long time!

·
Banned
155 Posts
This is interesting to say the least. But for the price and overall package the ZO6 brings to the table, it sure far exceeds in value than 90% of exotics out today. Bring it....:devil:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Tony B said:
No offense,but what makes a F O R D exotic...The sticker price? :rolling:

Tony B I hate when some one says that the ford gt is an exotic and sorry but the Found On the Road Dead gt is NOT AN EXOTIC because of the sticker price LOL

Redvette8:D

·
Banned
155 Posts
Tony B said:
No offense,but what makes a F O R D exotic...The sticker price? :rolling:
:down:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Redvette8 said:
Tony B I hate when some one says that the ford gt is an exotic and sorry but the Found On the Road Dead gt is NOT AN EXOTIC because of the sticker price LOL

Redvette8:D
Thats what im sayin,whats soo exotic about a F O R D,its an over priced pile as far as im concerned.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's very evident you have never driven a Ford GT. Last Post... I can see this is just another "if you don't drive a 1 of 50,000 Vette you car is a pile website" Enjoy your rides...

·
Banned
155 Posts
Awsum GT said:
It's very evident you have never driven a Ford GT. Last Post... I can see this is just another "if you don't drive a 1 of 50,000 Vette you car is a pile website" Enjoy your rides...
Another FORD enthusiast CHEVY wanna be, it's ok man one day you can own a C6 ZO6 and exorcise your demons. Better yet buy two for the price of what you paid for your GT-40.:rolling:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lets say for one second that the GT is better than the Z06 or for that matter that the Z06 is better than the GT it dosent mean the latter is a pile of crap to say the least. some of you guys need to grow up.

·
Banned
155 Posts
patdiddy said:
Lets say for one second that the GT is better than the Z06 or for that matter that the Z06 is better than the GT it dosent mean the latter is a pile of crap to say the least. some of you guys need to grow up.
Pattdiddy, please don't go there. :thud:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Awsum GT said:
Nice seeing a Ford guy posting at a Corvette website. :thumbsup:
Personally I enjoy hearing from an enthusist who enjoys Fords, and especially those who own the all-too-short lived GT.

Have to tell you of my expereince on this last 4th of July weekend.
I live 50 miles north of a large metropolitan area, so seeing a GT not very likely and up to that point I hadn't.
However I was driving south into town real early (7:30AM) on that Saturday of the 4th on HWY 41 and lo' & behold going north was what I believed to be a Saleen and close behind it a Ford GT.
First time I'd seen either cars.
I have to say the GT's overall lines struck me much better than the Saleen, of course both are quite beautiful.

Thing that miffs me about Ford is how quickly they abandon what I thought were two good ideas.
The first being the "new" Thunderbird.
Bad enough Ford didn't offer the TBird with Ford's best HP engine, but then cancel the car before it had a chance to evolve?
Nuts.

I feel the same about the short 2 year run of Ford's GT, also.
Surely Ford knows they could sell every car they built & make a very handsome profit on every single car while not even coming close to approaching the production numbers of the Corvette (Z06 or otherwise) or for that matter Dodge's Viper.
I don't get it. :lookinup:

Being Chevrolet guy I can say I'd love the opportunity to drive a new C6 Z06, but I'd also relish the experience of trying out Ford's GT, also.

Two beautiful examples of American engineered brute force, if ever there were. :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.