Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all late model seats will fit into a early C3 w/o modification? Which ones look the best, you yhink?

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,527 Posts
You might not fond any that are a direct bolt in replacement, but with a little fabrication just about anythng can be made to fit. I've put late model Olds seats in a '41 Chevy, C4 seats in a '40 Ford conv, Pontiac in a Model A and the lid=st go on & on. A little sawing and welding and most anything will work. Good luck

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'm looking to put '78PC-'82 in my C3... looks to me like an easy swap to me, If anyone has tried this PLEASE let us know!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
JCswm said:
I'm looking to put '78PC-'83 seats in my C3... looks to me like an easy swap to me, If anyone has tried this PLEASE let us know!!
YOU have seats for an '83 Corvette?
:whip:
In all seriousness, I think the '78-Pace-'82 seats are about THE best seats GM put in a car; you sit IN them, not ON them
:thumbsup:
I will reserve all future comments on the '83 seats until I 'see' them.....
:D

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
I love my 94 Corvette seats in my 69. The fit like a glove...look great, ride great, and were way too easy to install. I mounted them on the C3 tracks my welding 1/4" steel blocks on each end of the C3 track top, then matching to the C4 mount holes in the lower shells, and drilling/threading studs into the steel plates.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do they over power the rest of the interior, or do they look almost like it might of come that way?

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Gunnersix6 said:
You dont have a pic or a website where I can take a look, do you?
dig around the pics at my site:

www.mcspeed.homestead.com

Vette mag did a feature on the car in the March 03 issue. Thy took some great pics of the C4 seats. They don't have those on their website. I was unable to scan the whole four page spread ...as of yet.

I have been lazy on finishing the pics on the 69 part of my site.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have C5 seats in my 72 vert. they sit 1 - 1.5" higher which necessitated installing a tilt/tele column but they are so comfortable.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think my '78 seats are the most comfortable things in the world! :D But then again, I've never sat in a C5, so I have nothing to compare it to. The '78PC-'82 seats look like they might be a little odd, given that the joint is sort of in the middle of your back. I don't know how much I would like that.

Stallion

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
My buddy Jena may have a pair of C4 seats left. You can contact her here:

[email protected]

Make her a reasonable offer, and you just may end up with a set of swinging cool C4 seats in your C3. I promise, it is the best INTERIOR mod you can make on the car.

I get almost as many good comments about my seats, as I do the whole car. Everybody that rides in them are shocked at how comfortable they are, and how well they fit in the car.

She has a pair of torch red 90-91 seats, and a pair of black 90-91 seats with lumbar.

They won't last long.

·
Registered
23 Posts
69MyWay said:
I love my 94 Corvette seats in my 69. The fit like a glove...look great, ride great, and were way too easy to install. I mounted them on the C3 tracks my welding 1/4" steel blocks on each end of the C3 track top, then matching to the C4 mount holes in the lower shells, and drilling/threading studs into the steel plates.
Chris--
Do they sit high? As you may recall, I am looking at a set of C4 seats for my '78, but they are power seats. Do the manual seats sit the same height as power seats in a C4? If I can get them to work, I already have an idea to mount the switches for the seats....

·
Registered
745 Posts
ok im doing this right now,i just got done using my stock seat tracks and installed them on the c5 seats,drilled 2 holes in the brackets with one washer between the seat and bracket.They fit perfect in the car,the manual tracks work the seat tilts back for more comfort.They sit a hair higher then stock but not much more when using the stock c3 seat tracks.

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
Last Ride said:
Chris--
Do they sit high? As you may recall, I am looking at a set of C4 seats for my '78, but they are power seats. Do the manual seats sit the same height as power seats in a C4? If I can get them to work, I already have an idea to mount the switches for the seats....
I did not use the power tracks. Not sure how that would work out. It would no doubt make them sit higher.

Mine sit no higher than a C3, if not a tad lower. The power unit would push it up a bit.

·
I use man gel
4,402 Posts
JCswm said:
I'm looking to put '78PC-'82 in my C3... looks to me like an easy swap to me, If anyone has tried this PLEASE let us know!!
pace car seats will bolt right in.. no modification needed

1 - 20 of 36 Posts