Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share my latest Mods with the DC Crew.... Please see "My Corvette Photos".

your feedback is always appreciated.

Sound Video of Dynatech headers to follow.

ajmw

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts

Lookin' hot!

Boy, if I had that front air dam it'd get ripped off backing out of the driveway! I bet you have to be pretty careful...eh?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patrick.....and u r correct about the driveway - it requires a sharp 45-50 degree turn while backing in....... but that's nothin compared to those damm speedbumps...... which really have me holding up traffic!

ajmw

·
Registered
315 Posts
AJMW where did you find the procharger badges? What atre they made of? Thanks...
Jeremy

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J,
Had them CNC milled (from an AutoCAD file I had created to match the 'font' of the rear corvette logo). Made by a local Machine shop in Vancouver, Canada. They r made out of HDPE (plastic) and painted gloss black.

NB: The rear "CORVETTE" badge is slightly thicker than the "PROCHARGER"
badge (below it) b/c the corvette lettering is recessed into the bumper moulding. This way they both sit flush!

pretty cool lookin.....eh?

FYI: The two side badges and and both of the rear badges cost me Cdn $375.00. I had 2 complete extra sets made (just in case). I might be persuaded to let one go IF u were interested?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks man........ FYI..... It was after seeing your LPE Hi rise hood that I decided to purchase one too! (far nicer lookin than that Maggie Hood monstrosity) Before I have it installed however, I want to have the raised center section incl. the two raised areas which extend fwd to the bumper from the air scoop (but not the center area) coated in Carbon Fiber. Once the CF twill has been laid down, I will then have the sides of the hood plus this center area re-painted in yellow.

Oh yeah, thought you might appreciate my most recent MOD (In progress)...... I am having that section of my door sills which contains the stick on black corvette scuff pad and emblem cut out and a solid 1/4" thick piece of custom fabricated CF inserted in its place....This custom CF face plate will be mounted flush with the rest of the door sill and it will also contain a corvette flag and the word "CORVETTE". However, the word CORVETTE will be CNC milled out of the CF and the letters replaced with pieces of frosted HDPE. A Yellow LED light assembly will then be mounted underneath the CF face plate and will light up the word CORVETTE (in a bright yellow light) when my car doors are opened. I have seen this done on a friends Ferrari and it looked cool as hell!

p.s. have u checked out the MODS to my little F-car yet?

cheers,

ajmw:::D

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FastDreamZ06 said:
where did u get the calipers done at? I want to get mine powder coated yellow with black letters.
I'll get you the name of the place and their ph # from my mechanic. They are a US co. You send them your brake caliper covers and they exchange them with a set they have powder coated to your design specs (i.e. the same Millennium yellow as your car with black lettering). Takes about 1 week, but well worth it.

ajmw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts