Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Jonathon noted, Christine O’Donnell was unfairly berated during a recent debate for questioning her opponent, Democrat Chris Coons, about the so-called “separation of church and state” being in the First Amendment.

In pointing out this fact, however, O’Donnell was openly laughed at and ridiculed by the audience. Yet when “separation of church and state” was the only one of five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment Chris Coons could name off the top of his head, the audience didn’t seem to mind. In other words, Coons‘ understanding of the First Amendment comes not from the historical document’s actual language, but from what others have written and observed about it.

More troubling, the voters in attendance didn‘t seem to mind the fact that their potential representative in Congress doesn’t even know their rights — you know, those rights to which “Congress shall make no law” infringing upon…?

In a separate case, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is being blasted around the liberal blogosphere today for telling a tea party rally in Reno that the fight‘s not over yet and that they shouldn’t “party like it’s 1773″ quite yet.

Supposed intellectual superiors like Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas assumed she misspoke and berated Palin via Twitter, sarcastically saying “she’s so smart.” Huffington Post blogger Matt Ortega chuckled at Palin’s remarks, saying, “There’s so much packed into that, I wouldn’t know where to start.” CBS’ Gwen Ifill sneeringly tweeted, “ummmm.” Another witty blogger let his ignorance show in remarking, “WTF happened in 1773?!”

Hm, what did happen in 1773? Oh, yeah… this:

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-12373

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
As Jonathon noted, Christine O’Donnell was unfairly berated during a recent debate for questioning her opponent, Democrat Chris Coons, about the so-called “separation of church and state” being in the First Amendment.

In pointing out this fact, however, O’Donnell was openly laughed at and ridiculed by the audience. Yet when “separation of church and state” was the only one of five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment Chris Coons could name off the top of his head, the audience didn’t seem to mind. In other words, Coons‘ understanding of the First Amendment comes not from the historical document’s actual language, but from what others have written and observed about it.

More troubling, the voters in attendance didn‘t seem to mind the fact that their potential representative in Congress doesn’t even know their rights — you know, those rights to which “Congress shall make no law” infringing upon…?

In a separate case, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is being blasted around the liberal blogosphere today for telling a tea party rally in Reno that the fight‘s not over yet and that they shouldn’t “party like it’s 1773″ quite yet.

Supposed intellectual superiors like Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas assumed she misspoke and berated Palin via Twitter, sarcastically saying “she’s so smart.” Huffington Post blogger Matt Ortega chuckled at Palin’s remarks, saying, “There’s so much packed into that, I wouldn’t know where to start.” CBS’ Gwen Ifill sneeringly tweeted, “ummmm.” Another witty blogger let his ignorance show in remarking, “WTF happened in 1773?!”

Hm, what did happen in 1773? Oh, yeah… this:

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-12373
:laughing:
Stupid is as stupid does. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
So, if the "Tea Party" happened today and a shipload of privately owned commodities was destroyed by a group protesting taxes which a government had levied on the trading of the commodities, we would call them terrorists.

Taxes have been levied by GOP and Lib controlled legislatures on many commodities without our consent or approval.

The "Tea Party" is a clever marketing strategy.

We should focus on the issues and vote for the person's platform that address the issue we think are important. Only fools vote along party lines. Party line voting is what got us in the situation we are in and Party line voting will keep the country in the mess it is in and keep the political parties in power rather than empower the Candidates.

:cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, if the "Tea Party" happened today and a shipload of privately owned commodities was destroyed by a group protesting taxes which a government had levied on the trading of the commodities, we would call them terrorists.
Damn, you too? :laughing: I think if you review history, King George DID declare them terrorist and did treat them accordingly. :crazy:

Hmm, very similar to what was said in 1773.

Wow, just wow...

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Damn, you too? :laughing: I think if you review history, King George DID declare them terrorist and did treat them accordingly. :crazy:

Hmm, very similar to what was said in 1773.

Wow, just wow...
I am student of History. Everyone should be. it keeps being repeated.

And, this part is just BS "Hmm, very similar to what was said in 1773." But nice try:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Keep slinging it Tex:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am student of History. Everyone should be. it keeps being repeated.

And, this part is just BS "Hmm, very similar to what was said in 1773." But nice try:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Keep slinging it Tex:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I'll keep slinging facts, you just keep on slinging whatever you brought.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
I am a proud member of the Tea Party. This is not a marketing strategy. We really are pissed off and willing to fight for this countries existence routed in liberty and freedom... as was intended. We are in a non-violent civil war -with at least 50% of the country at absolute ideological odds, with the other. There is no middle ground on which to agree upon. This is a pivotal point in this countries history... and as volatile as it was in 1861 - We are really -really pissed off.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a proud member of the Tea Party. This is not a marketing strategy. We really are pissed off and willing to fight for this countries existence routed in liberty and freedom... as was intended. We are in a non-violent civil war -with at least 50% of the country at absolute ideological odds, with the other. There is no middle ground on which to agree upon. This is a pivotal point in this countries history... and as volatile as it was in 1861 - We are really -really pissed off.
:agree:

The RINO's really feel it is just a fad, much like the lefties do. I think it will end up being much more. The days of get along to get along are coming to a close. Conservatives aren't the nice moderate right, who like to kiss ass just to fit in, we don't care about fitting in with snakes. We aren't interested in new ideas, we like the original idea. RINO's & Leftist have no real clue what kind of storm is on the horizon, IMO.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

The RINO's really feel it is just a fad, much like the lefties do. I think it will end up being much more. The days of get along to get along are coming to a close. Conservatives aren't the nice moderate right, who like to kiss ass just to fit in, we don't care about fitting in with snakes. We aren't interested in new ideas, we like the original idea. RINO's & Leftist have no real clue what kind of storm is on the horizon, IMO.

I don't offically belong to the Tea Party but I have been one since I started arguing politics on the web in 2004. My sig back then was "The only things in the middle of the road are moderates and dead skunks" a quote I can't attribute but that I do love. RINOs be ware the storm is coming

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Villifying the tea party and labeling them dumb is just another method the left uses to gain a footing. Palin was and is still called dumb by the left. Dumb as a fox. And Newb is right about the actual tea party in 1773 if you read the real non revised history about the actions of the citizens back then.
The public is pissed and tired of all the crap going on in DC.
This is not a fad. Personally I'm ready for new blood in DC. Not the same old recycled politicians Dem or Pub. We need real change.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Sounds like you have sipped the Tea Party Cool-Aid.
IMO, When the money comes puring in the the Tea Party Politicians will back the source of the money and foresake true believers like you. I like Sarah and will vote for her if she runs but I have no misconception about how party politics work.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I'll keep slinging facts, you just keep on slinging whatever you brought.

Facts??:laughing: Like in 1773 they accused the Boston Tea party of being a Marketing Strategy? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

What I bring is an unfaltering belief in the Constitution and a belief that the federal Government should not be hall monitors in our life. I believe in the concept of states rights. I believe in the Monroe Doctrine.

I do not believe that negative politics is the right way to win the confidence of the Citizens. I do believe the both of the two major parties are more interested in controlling rather the restoring our freedom.

What say you Tex??

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Villifying the tea party and labeling them dumb is just another method the left uses to gain a footing. Palin was and is still called dumb by the left. Dumb as a fox. And Newb is right about the actual tea party in 1773 if you read the real non revised history about the actions of the citizens back then.
The public is pissed and tired of all the crap going on in DC.
This is not a fad. Personally I'm ready for new blood in DC. Not the same old recycled politicians Dem or Pub. We need real change.
sounds good but a blood change won't change anything. It's time for the american people to deal with consequences. if you want entitlements, you pay high taxes. If you want to make money you have to be just as willing to lose it if you're wrong..I can go on.. but we as Americans aren't able to accept that.. So the game goes on no matter who is on the field.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Facts??:laughing: Like in 1773 they accused the Boston Tea party of being a Marketing Strategy? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Well, if you read the actual propaganda from the monarchy of the day, and relate it to current language uses, yes, it was.

What I bring is an unfaltering belief in the Constitution and a belief that the federal Government should not be hall monitors in our life. I believe in the concept of states rights. I believe in the Monroe Doctrine.
I'm glad you believe in the same thing the Tea Party does, while dismissing them. Makes me truly believe, that you believe as you say.

I do not believe that negative politics is the right way to win the confidence of the Citizens.
Unfortunately, in the real world, where candidates not only have to answer lies put out by their opponents, but also attacks from the media and their own party, they have to fight fire with fire. Being nice and taking the high road hasn't worked out too well for conservatism.

I do believe the both of the two major parties are more interested in controlling rather the restoring our freedom.
Which is why the duopoly has to be broken.

IMO, When the money comes puring in the the Tea Party Politicians will back the source of the money and foresake true believers like you.
I believe your 50% right. Half will go to the money, but that will only result in strengthening the Tea Party's drive. Once they figure it out, then is when it gets interesting.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Well, if you read the actual propaganda from the monarchy of the day, and relate it to current language uses, yes, it was.
You're going to have to show me this one. I am pretty familiar with the history here and the conflict with the Crown had been going on for a while before the Tea Party. The "Boston Tea Party" was a brilliant strategic move at the time and was meant to invoke a reaction from the Crown. It was one among many successful strategic moves leading up to the revolution that brought the states together.

I'm glad you believe in the same thing the Tea Party does, while dismissing them. Makes me truly believe, that you believe as you say.
I believe in much of the Tea Party's platform. But, I am not convinced the Tea Paryt Politicians beleive it. I still think it is a Political Power struggle and that the Tea Party platform is for voter appeal not a reflection of the party's Politicians true beliefs. I could be wrong but that is what I think.

Unfortunately, in the real world, where candidates not only have to answer lies put out by their opponents, but also attacks from the media and their own party, they have to fight fire with fire. Being nice and taking the high road hasn't worked out too well for conservatism.
IMO The key to winning an election in this day and age is to win votes not scare voters away from another candidate. I think the last Presidential election is a reflection of the failure of negative politics. Half the country believed Obama had Muslim ties but the GOP's negative politics drove them to vote Dem. I said many times during the campaign I thought you and others should throw your support fully behind McCain or the Dems would win. I haven't wavered on that point. Obama didn't win the election the GOP failed to restore the voter's confidence in Party's leadership and threw away the election. Win the Vote don't discourage voting for another Candidate and assume that will result in votes being cast your way.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
sounds good but a blood change won't change anything.
I disagree. The comfort zone of the incumbent has been compromised by the Tea Party.
It's time for the american people to deal with consequences. if you want entitlements, you pay high taxes.
Most of the Tea Party was against TARP and ObamaCare, the stimulus, etc. The tax rate to support the current level of government before OBama was too high, but tolerable and the Tea Party was beginning it's work at constructing a platform to reduced them during Bush. Most Americans don't want entitlements. They're willing to pay thier own way. What they want is a job as a source of income so they can and the government to get out of the way so they can pursue thier dreams, NOT tell them what thier dreams should be.
If you want to make money you have to be just as willing to lose it if you're wrong..
I did, I did, and I didn't like it, but that doesn't mean I'm for the bailouts.
I can go on.. but we as Americans aren't able to accept that.. So the game goes on no matter who is on the field.
The salesmanship has been coming from the party in power while they justified it for all the reasons you've stated Most of the American public was against it. When they voiced thier concerns they were labeled bigots or racists. If you were a Tea Party advocate, it was worse.

The party in power spent over $3 trillion and promised 8% unemployment, free health care, more liberty, more equality, a transcendence of racial issues, finance reform, and most importantly a bailout for main street. None of it materialized. We are now left with what was shoved down our throats instead.

Like it or not, the Tea Party's surge in popularity has come mostly in response to the party in power's lie's, deciet, complete partisan politics, and an abject failure to do the job they were elected and entrusted to do.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
sounds good but a blood change won't change anything. It's time for the american people to deal with consequences. if you want entitlements, you pay high taxes. If you want to make money you have to be just as willing to lose it if you're wrong..I can go on.. but we as Americans aren't able to accept that.. So the game goes on no matter who is on the field.
I don't want entitlements but I/we are already paying for it.
I agree that the past 2 decades have been decades of charge it and buying what you can't afford and those individuals created their own situation. But I seperate that from what the same old machine in DC keeps recycling over and over again.
New blood is needed to break the back of the system that has been created in DC. Both parties pretty much well suck now. I get tired of voting for the lesser of the evils. Will that change in my lifetime? Probably not. What we have now is making things worse not better. Are you better off over the last 2 years? These people that we elect and control so much of our life don't care about the country overall. Just staying in power and getting re-elected.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I disagree. The comfort zone of the incumbent has been compromised by the Tea Party.
My comment was directed towards everyone. not just the party in power. Tea partiers can say what they want but until the game changes and congress and the house look at what their job is-- we get the commitees back in line (pre 1970s rules of order when the perogative of membership wasn't held by the ruling majority but mandated inclusion of Subcommittee ratios of equitable size.)
State and national governments are no longer allow to put specificly voted on funds into the general fund coffers, etc..

Till things like that happen--Ain't nothin changing-- don't care what parties cape you're wearing..

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're going to have to show me this one. I am pretty familiar with the history here and the conflict with the Crown had been going on for a while before the Tea Party. The "Boston Tea Party" was a brilliant strategic move at the time and was meant to invoke a reaction from the Crown. It was one among many successful strategic moves leading up to the revolution that brought the states together.
I know what it WAS, but what the crown called it and portrayed it as, is much the same as what RINO's & Lefties now portray the Tea Party as. Just as I said first.. you study history, you missed it, I'm not gonna play the cat/mouse game anymore.. :laughing: :thumbsup:

IMO The key to winning an election in this day and age is to win votes not scare voters away from another candidate. I think the last Presidential election is a reflection of the failure of negative politics. Half the country believed Obama had Muslim ties but the GOP's negative politics drove them to vote Dem. I said many times during the campaign I thought you and others should throw your support fully behind McCain or the Dems would win. I haven't wavered on that point. Obama didn't win the election the GOP failed to restore the voter's confidence in Party's leadership and threw away the election. Win the Vote don't discourage voting for another Candidate and assume that will result in votes being cast your way.

Well, don't plan on winning many with that theory. Because when your using flowers and unicorns, and the other guy has tanks and guns, your screwed, much like McCain. :thumbsup:

And Obama is the best thing to happen to this country in 100 years. It got ordinary people off the couch and reading thier constitution. It got the sleepy middle class saying, "hey, WTF is going on?"

;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts