Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I tried launching with traction control off to see if I could improve the performance of the car, and both times I just went up in smoke. I am new at this so I just went back to launching with the TC on, and had much smoother starts. Please educate me, do others just leave TC on or what is the secret to a good launch with it off? My car has some bolt ons, ARH’s, Callaway Intake, and Tune. Dyno’d conservative at 372 RWHP.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well if your gonna launch, you'd need as most traction as possible so you don't spin the tires through the first 3 gears.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
This weekend I tried launching with traction control off to see if I could improve the performance of the car, and both times I just went up in smoke. I am new at this so I just went back to launching with the TC on, and had much smoother starts. Please educate me, do others just leave TC on or what is the secret to a good launch with it off? My car has some bolt ons, ARH’s, Callaway Intake, and Tune. Dyno’d conservative at 372 RWHP.

What were your RPMs at when you let the clutch out and did you ease the clutch out or just side step it?

·
Registered
565 Posts
What were your RPMs at when you let the clutch out and did you ease the clutch out or just side step it?
Don't go over 2 grand, that may even be too high. Side stepping the clutch will always give great smoke, and no forward movement for a few ticks. Better to keep a bit of slip just on the verge of wheel spin, then slam the throttle. TC on is not going to give you your best launch for 0-whatever no matter what you do. Keep AH on as it will save your butt if you go sideways, but TC should be off. It takes a lot of practice, and TM should be tuned out so you have all options open. Good luck, do it only where it's safe, and have fun buying your next set of tires early...:thud: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RPM's were around the 2K range and I did pretty much dumped the clutch both times. I think next time I will try easing into it a little more until I get going then let the hammer down.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The RPM's were around the 2K range and I did pretty much dumped the clutch both times. I think next time I will try easing into it a little more until I get going then let the hammer down.
I wouldn't dump the clutch as fast as you can, but yeah steadily put more pressure on the gas. The car will tell you (you can feel) when your tire's have hooked up.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
i just went yesterday morning, held rpm at 2k as i slipped clutch, no wheel spin, i was off the clutch in like 1 second, it yeilded a 4.3 0-60. im bone stock z-51. im going to tape the next time so that i cna make a tut

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
Please video tape it i bet everybody would like to see a non vette owner but still hoping thanks

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
let me straihten everything out i emant that me being a non vette owner i would like to see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts