Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three van loads of Hughes High students were taken last week – during school hours – to vote and given sample ballots only for Democratic candidates and then taken for ice cream, a Monday lawsuit alleges.

The complaint was made by Thomas Brinkman Jr., a Republican candidate for Hamilton County auditor, and the Coalition Opposed to Additional Spending & Taxes against Cincinnati Public Schools.

“They plan to bring four more high schools (to vote) this week,” Christopher Finney, COAST attorney, said Monday after filing the suit.

It seeks a temporary restraining order to prevent school officials from participating or helping students participate in partisan politics during school hours or with school property or employees involved.

But the school district’s lawyer denies any school connection.

“No CPS personnel engaged in the promotion of candidates or any political party,” CPS attorney Mark Stepaniak noted in a written release.

CPS spokeswoman Janet Walsh said taking students on school time to vote has been done before. “It has to be scrupulously nonpartisan,” Walsh said.

Stepaniak said church vans were volunteered to drive students to vote.

The suit alleges three van loads of Hughes High students arrived at the Downtown Board of Elections offices at 1 p.m. Wednesday, supervised by a school employee. School lets out at 3:15 p.m.

When they got out of the vans, the students, the suit alleges, also were accompanied by adults who appeared to be campaign workers or supporters for U.S. Rep. Steve Driehaus, D-West Price Hill, the congressman being challenged this fall by Steve Chabot. When the students got out of the vans, the suit alleges they were given sample ballots containing only Democratic candidates.

“We want these kids to vote,” Finney said. “I’m not sure them being bussed during the school day is a good thing, but that’s not the thrust of the suit.

“If they had fair sample ballots or no sample ballots it would be different.”

The suit alleges those actions violated a 2002 agreement between CPS and COAST where the school agreed it wouldn’t allow school property or employees to be used for “advocating the election or defeat of candidates for public office.”

On Monday, Finney asked Common Pleas Court Judge Beth Myers to hear his request for a temporary restraining order that was put on hold after the attorneys for the two sides met in court briefly, talked and then left.

Finney said if the issue isn’t resolved, he’ll go back to court.

To follow Hamilton County court news, go to www.twitter.com/kimballperry

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Ahh, yes, progressive politics at it's finest.

Michele's gonna be pissed they gave them ice cream instead of apples.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Ahh, yes, progressive politics at it's finest.

Michele's gonna be pissed they gave them ice cream instead of apples.
Whatever it takes. We have to get a hold of these young minds of mush and mold them into slackers if we are going to have a Slacker Party takeover by the time I retire. We just don't want them to know they are going to be paying for our retirement. :D

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Whatever it takes. We have to get a hold of these young minds of mush and mold them into slackers if we are going to have a Slacker Party takeover by the time I retire. We just don't want them to know they are going to be paying for our retirement. :D
Excellent point centaurian!:thumbsup:
They won't care, according to the new polling. They are wanting to work for the government and have thier needs provided for them and thier children too.

When everyone is working for the government, we won't need money. Just credits. Everyone will be happy with thier lot in life since all social standing, income, level of possesions, and pursuit of happiness will be controlled - er regulated, by the government. Therefore taxes will no longer be required.

One big happy family. :cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:laughing: I think you guys forgot about a couple of small items. There is no MONEY. The US is bankrupt..
And, there will be no social programs to support your old tired ass, because there is no MONEY. :laughing::crazy:

No country in the world could do debt service on $14 trillion.. and no country in the world will remain stable with the taxation and austerity needed to do debt service on $14 trillion.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
who says we are broke? the presses seem to be working just fine, the mint can't find enough trucks to haul it away next month:crazy:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
:laughing: I think you guys forgot about a couple of small items. There is no MONEY. The US is bankrupt..
And, there will be no social programs to support your old tired ass, because there is no MONEY. :laughing::crazy:

No country in the world could do debt service on $14 trillion.. and no country in the world will remain stable with the taxation and austerity needed to do debt service on $14 trillion.
uh-uh, no... read mine clearly. :thumbsup:
Excellent point centaurian!:thumbsup:
They won't care, according to the new polling. They are wanting to work for the government and have thier needs provided for them and thier children too.

When everyone is working for the government, we won't need money. Just credits. Everyone will be happy with thier lot in life since all social standing, income, level of possesions, and pursuit of happiness will be controlled - er regulated, by the government. Therefore taxes will no longer be required.

One big happy family. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
What was that thing the Germans went through after WWII when they kept printing money?

Oh yea, DEFLATION (AKA weimer effect):lookinup:
You know what's really funny? Glenn Beck's been talking about this coming for a few YEARS now.

All the leftist pundits have ridiculed him greatly for it. The crow will be especially dry for them.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
You know what's really funny? Glenn Beck's been talking about this coming for a few YEARS now.

All the leftist pundits have ridiculed him greatly for it. The crow will be especially dry for them.
But the real problem is the left won't be the only one choking on this :smack

So does that mean that Barry doesn't have a clue that printing money is bad or is he smart and this will collaspe our government for fundimental change?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
But the real problem is the left won't be the only one choking on this :smack

So does that mean that Barry doesn't have a clue that printing money is bad or is he smart and this will collaspe our government for fundimental change?
Yes, yes, and yes, but he's not smart, the puppet masters are just manipulating the puppet to thier own end.

Did you hear about the Shanghi Surprise this morning, sent the DOW down 190 pts already... Gold down $30 so far, oil is down $3.55... all China did was bump thier interest rate...got everyone's attention too.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Yes, yes, and yes, but he's not smart, the puppet masters are just manipulating the puppet to thier own end.

Did you hear about the Shanghi Surprise this morning, sent the DOW down 190 pts already... Gold down $30 so far, oil is down $3.55... all China did was bump thier interest rate...got everyone's attention too.
Sorros will be right behind (puppet Master) All I don't know is if we have already past the point of no return even if the American public do the right thing and clean house :lookinup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts

What? Me Worry? I've already got a little place in the country picked out to retire to. When I get the address, I'll let you chumps know. That way you can bypass the middle man (Obama) and send your checks straight to me. I'll even give you a 20% discount over what Obama would take. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
What? Me Worry? I've already got a little place in the country picked out to retire to. When I get the address, I'll let you chumps know. That way you can bypass the middle man (Obama) and send your checks straight to me. I'll even give you a 20% discount over what Obama would take. :laughing:
Such a deal! :laughing:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
All I want to know is do you have to die to get there? :smack

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soros will come out in the next few weeks, with a statement about how he has lost confidence int he US dollar, then it gets hairy.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Soros will come out in the next few weeks, with a statement about how he has lost confidence int he US dollar, then it gets hairy.
:agree: Watch GE's stock though...

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
All I want to know is do you have to die to get there? :smack
That's the beauty of the Slacker Party Platform. We pass Healthcare Reform and pay for it by cutting senior care by $500B. Then the old farts die away more quickly leaving more in the pot to transfer to the slackers. I mean, it's brilliant. That Obama - what a genius!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts