Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,can anyone point me in th right direction on where to find a site that actually sells this type of gas cap?

·
Registered
23 Posts
how do you know which one will fit?

It says:
No vehicle specific results were found for Chevrolet Corvette (63-82) 1974 All
Please speak to an advisor on 0844 815 8630 to discuss your requirements

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
how do you know which one will fit?

It says:
No vehicle specific results were found for Chevrolet Corvette (63-82) 1974 All
Please speak to an advisor on 0844 815 8630 to discuss your requirements
Probably none of them. :laughing:

It's going to need some custom modifications I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Go here: http://mustalgia.com/. It's right on the front page. It looks like they're currently out but who knows when the page was last updated.

There is a member here, Curtis74, that has one of those on his '74. I installed it with 4 stock screws, no mods, and it looks beautiful. The super large '74 fuel cap even fits through and is used as stock.

·
Registered
331 Posts
gas cup

I have one in my 76 got it from mustalgia a year ago,
I love it :thumbsup:. Easy to install just 3 screw no modifications
I think the best way is to contact them.
Good luck, shaul

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
here's the one from Mustalgia. I've had it on for about a year. the fit and finish were perfect.

How does this work with the stock tank/cap? Does it replace the factory gas cap?
Any issue getting fuel nozzles in there?
Any pictures with the race lid open looking down into the tank?

:huh:

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
How does this work with the stock tank/cap? Does it replace the factory gas cap?
Any issue getting fuel nozzles in there?
Any pictures with the race lid open looking down into the tank?

:huh:

They're very simply designed. The factory ring and lid screw to the body with 4 screws.

You remove that ring and lid, and place the Mustalgia lid in it's place, using 4 screws, it's basically taking the place of the ring and lid.

The opening is large enough that you can easily reach in and remove the factory gas cap.

The fuel filler nozzle will reach in and down into the opening to fuel the tank. Nothing changes except the ring and lid get replaced by the Mustalgia lid.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
They're very simply designed. The factory ring and lid screw to the body with 4 screws.

You remove that ring and lid, and place the Mustalgia lid in it's place, using 4 screws, it's basically taking the place of the ring and lid.

The opening is large enough that you can easily reach in and remove the factory gas cap.

The fuel filler nozzle will reach in and down into the opening to fuel the tank. Nothing changes except the ring and lid get replaced by the Mustalgia lid.
Thanks for the info! :cheers:

·
Registered
982 Posts
go through the c3 section i remember seeing a project caqr ...i think its the guy who has a complete front tilt set up on his c3...he put one of those gas cap set ups on his car...also the dodge viper has that from the catory...its pretty close to the same thing look up that cap as well

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Those are all great Bling. But does any one know of one made that is functional like the cobra is, with out the inside cap, that would fit the C3. The C3 has to be the hardest car there is to fuel with a fuel can. Espacialy if it has a luggage rack over it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Those are all great Bling. But does any one know of one made that is functional like the cobra is, with out the inside cap, that would fit the C3. The C3 has to be the hardest car there is to fuel with a fuel can. Espacialy if it has a luggage rack over it.
There are none that i know of that is made for our cars,you would have to fab one to fit your car or fab the car to fit one of them:surprised

1 - 20 of 23 Posts