Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i bought a 39.00 leaf blower from hd yesterday and used today; 180mph on low and 220mph on high. This is on a whole new level for drying your car....holy crap if you are drying your car any other way than this type of drying you are just playing around....

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I know the Junkman is going to come in here and let us have it, but I use one too. I think it works great. Never touch it with a drying towel, so nary a swirl mark exists. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree, I have been using the leaf blower to dry mine too, you dont have to worry about dust and dirt particles in the towel scratching the paint.

My neighbors think I'm:crazy: when they see me out in the driveway.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
...you dont have to worry about dust and dirt particles in the towel scratching the paint...
just the dust and dirt particles hitting your paint at 220 mph :laughing:

Sure does wonders for getting water out of all the nooks and crannies though :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
just the dust and dirt particles hitting your paint at 220 mph :laughing:

Sure does wonders for getting water out of all the nooks and crannies though :thumbsup:
Na, I have a blower for the vette and one for the garden. :thumbsup:

:smack :WTF

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
I know the Junkman is going to come in here and let us have it, but I use one too. I think it works great. Never touch it with a drying towel, so nary a swirl mark exists. :thumbsup:
You haven't watched all my videos...

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I always used my leaf blower to dry the corvette. THose gas powered ones make life so much easier. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
You haven't watched all my videos...

Kinda hard to "Hop up" and electric one though:laughing:

On my Gas one (ECHO) I was thinking of shaving the head and boring out the carb then maybe it would push 260mph:D

·
Registered
822 Posts
I taped a piece of hvac filter to the inlet on my blower to make sure it isn't shooting any large particulates at the paint.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I agree the leaf blower is the best way to get water out of all the nooks & crannies. I only use an electric leaf blower on the car & the gas one for the yard. Pretty sure my neighbors think I'm nuts too, but if it's stupid and works...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Ok people I have a garden bus in SSF C.A I use a back pack industral blower on the school Distric to blow in side court yards clean 300 mph wide open back about 6ft. for 5 min and car in dry to the touch Make sure if you have one no more than 6ft.:partyon:

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
You DO NOT want to use a GAS powered blower. The exhaust that those emit will settle all over your car. The only kind you want to use is an electric one. Mine cost $29 and it blows more than hard enough to dry the car. You don't need anything fancy. If you get something too powerful, you'll be blowing dust everywhere.

·
Supporting Vendor / Car Care Sponsor
637 Posts
You DO NOT want to use a GAS powered blower. The exhaust that those emit will settle all over your car. The only kind you want to use is an electric one. Mine cost $29 and it blows more than hard enough to dry the car. You don't need anything fancy. If you get something too powerful, you'll be blowing dust everywhere.
Not to mention without a trap on them theres a high likelihood they'll spit oil on the finish.

I use the Metro Blaster Sidekick. Compact, heats the air, integrated filter, steel body, soft rubber nozzle, made in America. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
:thud: Never thought of that. Guess I'm going to home depot today for an "electric" leaf blower. What one did you get Junkman?

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
:thud: Never thought of that. Guess I'm going to home depot today for an "electric" leaf blower. What one did you get Junkman?
A $29 electric one from Sears. Patrick bought one too, but his was a $43 one from Lowe's. You no, he's a baller now. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts