Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can't believe this 2 1/2 days from bloomington and my tank is leaking as far as I can see its not a hose !! was thinking it was a vent hose leaking !!
or even the old rubber hose that goes to the steel one !!

question can i use all the older parts like gas tank senders ??? [ the float }what the hell its called never changed a tank in a c 3 ever !
I would buy new straps and bolts and fuel filler neck thing ?

do i have to buy a new sender is what im asking?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
can't believe this 2 1/2 days from bloomington and my tank is leaking as far as I can see its not a hose !! was thinking it was a vent hose leaking !!
or even the old rubber hose that goes to the steel one !!

question can i use all the older parts like gas tank senders ??? [ the float }what the hell its called never changed a tank in a c 3 ever !
I would buy new straps and bolts and fuel filler neck thing ?

do i have to buy a new sender is what im asking?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Just buy the tank and mounting strap pads. All the rest can swap.:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thansk so far you saved me $200.00 ill take the old car to bloomington and head back home and try to repaced it thursday any helpers let me know ahhah j/k

·
Registered
28 Posts
changing the tank

I just pulled the tank from our C3, cleaned it, and put it back. Pretty straight forward. First get all the fuel out (siphon). Then the fuel line can be removed (held on by a slip ring and a rubber gasket - you might need a new rubber gasket where the fuel sending unit rests against the tank). Theres 4 bolts that hold the straps, and a cross member held on by two bolts. Take em all out. Wiggle the tank around and it'll drop out.

·
DC Crew
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Itsssssssssssss Running !
What A Bitch Holding The Tank Up And Then The Straps And Then Trying To Start The Bolts For The Crossmember !! With Only One Person Doing It !!! I Never Learn !!!

Anyway Heading To Bloomington As Soon As I Wake Up Tomorrow Morning !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts