Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
im not sure where the arrow is pointing to, the bolt, or the black sleeve on there, - at any rate, I would give a try at some LUCAS power steering stop leak / additive after draining out some of your current power steering fluid. id use the whole little bottle of it.

I realley do trust LUCAS products, I use all their stuff, and while the problem will not be fixed by this, it will definately prolong the life of your existing parts, until the inevetable when they need to be replaced.

my steering rack is sucky too. I siphoned out all the yucky old power steering fluid, and added fresh, then drove a week, and repeated the siphon and fill with fresh until all the muck came out of there. clean fluid probly works better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The arrow is pointing right at the (I will call it PIN). It is not the connection line or the black sleeve but there is a PIN that goes through to the other side. It is leaking from the top side of this pin.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you ever fix this problem? I have this 86 'project' vette that has the same problem. The previous owner fixed the leak on the bottom of the pin with blue RTV (at least that is what it looks like). Now the top leaks bigtime.

There is an RTV that works on oil covered areas (racers use it for an emergency fix). Anyone know anything about it or where to buy it?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Its an easy fix, replace the line not that much about 79 bucks be done and move on.......

·
Registered
20 Posts
NoGo I'm a little confused here. The line doesn't appear to be leaking its the 'pin end' shown in the following picture. The picture is looking down into the front of the engine compartment from the driver's side.

Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry thought it was the line or were it was swagged on the connector.
DId you already replace the unit?

Gary

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah been there...........but at least its done now !!

:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts