Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come my '99 leather seats seem to be "not as soft" as say a 2000 and newer c-5?? I pulled a couple of them in the shop to put tires on them and the oak and shale color seats seem to be softer in the middle part. my 99 leater seems to be hard and cheap feeling.. only when interior get really hot do they seem to be as "soft"???????

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't think so, i've seen other '99 interiors and the leather seemed "harder" than the newer ones. i've tried a couple different leather conditioners with good results. the sides of the seats are soft, just the part u actually sit on isn't soft. I heard gm used cheap leater, I've seen <felt ? softer leather in a low end car that felt like is was higher quality than this

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is alot of vinyl on those seats. They are certainly not all leather. I condition mine at least 3 times a year for the last 3 years that I owned it, car is always garaged and the seats still are hard. I have the vert and the top is usually up during the heat of the day so the sun is not really beating down on it. Crap leather is my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts