Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 08 coupe. The seats don't give enough leg support (left) on long trips (leg cramps). Am I the only person having this problem? I'm thinking of adding a cushion to lenghten the lower portion of the seat. I'm 5'11" an average size guy. I want to take the vette on a 6,000 mile vacation, so I need to figure something out. I have owned an MG, TR6 and a 914 that were all smaller. Never expected a problem like this. Any (helpful) ideas are welcome. Thanks Tom in Minnesota :buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
I never really took my C6 on a long drive, but I get leg cramps (mostly for my left leg) on the C5. I also have long legs. Not sure what the solution is other than an aftermarket seat with some more leg support.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I never really took my C6 on a long drive, but I get leg cramps (mostly for my left leg) on the C5. I also have long legs. Not sure what the solution is other than an aftermarket seat with some more leg support.
Try taking out your thick wallet before sitting down :laughing:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Just bought an 08 coupe. The seats don't give enough leg support (left) on long trips (leg cramps). Am I the only person having this problem? I'm thinking of adding a cushion to lenghten the lower portion of the seat. I'm 5'11" an average size guy. I want to take the vette on a 6,000 mile vacation, so I need to figure something out. I have owned an MG, TR6 and a 914 that were all smaller. Never expected a problem like this. Any (helpful) ideas are welcome. Thanks Tom in Minnesota :buhbye:

I also have a 08, but a convertible. There could be a few reasons why: First being your seat is tilted to far up cutting your circulation off or too far down. Or it could be your lacking in potassium and it's being triggered by sitting in that position. (most of the time it happens laying down) If that's the case, take some Morton's Lite salt either sprinkled on food or put some in the palm of your hand, lick it off, followed by water. (a tsp. usually does the trick) That will take care of that. If neither and or both doesn't help ask your Dr. Hope that helps Tom. I'm only 5'4 and have driven 2,000 ... straight shot, no sleeping and never had a problem, other than my butt hurt. :WTF

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I've driven close to 2000 miles in 5 days, with 700+ miles on each of two of them. I'm 6'1" and 210 lbs., and did not have any issues.

I would say to make sure you give yourself enough breaks along the way to stretch.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I'm 6'4" and have never had a problem with this in either of my C5's.:huh:

I've been all across Tx and even up to South Dakota in them

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and have put in 10 plus hours in at a time and have never had this problem. Best seats of anything I own, 72 Jag included.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts