Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one on the internet from ecklers. Looks good....Chrome gas cap...I like it...Think it would look good. 300 bux is expensive but if it makes my car stand out, I will take it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
was reading your thread and responses on the other corvette forum. Are you now looking for reassurance here?:huh: The art of customizing one's vehicle is to make a personal statement. If you want to do it, go and do! Don't worry what others will think. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
OK ILL ASK, HOW does a $280 gas cap UNDER the door that covers it make your car stand out and look custom,:laughing::rolling: ....your the ONLY person thats likely to SEE IT! 99% of the time

·
Registered
45 Posts
it's actually an awesome gas cap. I've seen them on a couple C3 cars but never on a C4. Apparently buying the gas cap is not all you need. You have to get a piece of aluminum stock machined into an adapter/flange in order to attach it to your gas tank. (it won't be covered by the gas door) Here's a link from a guy on the forum I saw a while back. He has the plans you would need to bring to the machine shop all laid out here (relevant to C3 only):

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/themoneypit/index7.shtml

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have seen something similar for Mazda Miata. I had one on a 1999 I used to own. Made that car look more like a classic Jag. The pictures I have seen of this piece just looks stuck on and out of place on the C4. As I recall the piece was heavy too. Better off adding the bling with chrome exhaust tips or on the wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts