Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got off the 5 am flight from Rio this morning. Got home and uncovered the queen. Did not see the expired tag. 11/10 from the inside look like 10/11. Man those guys got some good vision! Hehe. When i got pulled over i showed him the brazilian money in my wallet and the passport in my pocket, but he was not interested. Guess the goverment needs that money. Got me for expired tags, no front plate and no insurance (I have the insurance but have not printed an update). Was at the court house an hour later, got a two year tag, can't pay the fines till popo turns them in. I am looking into the hideaway front plate but I ain't putting shite on my bumper. I can afford the tickets and it was my fault. Happiness tax!

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Bummer. Sorry to hear about the tickets, but.....
If I have to have a front plate, I like my plate from Top Flite Reproductions. It has two wing nuts behind the bracket that allow the main bracket to be removed in about 30 seconds. Put the plate on for daily driving and take it off for shows or when you want it to look the best. I don't love the look, but I like it way better than any other C6 bracket I have seen, and after getting stopped twice for no plate, I felt I had no choice.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer. Sorry to hear about the tickets, but.....
If I have to have a front plate, I like my plate from Top Flite Reproductions. It has two wing nuts behind the bracket that allow the main bracket to be removed in about 30 seconds. Put the plate on for daily driving and take it off for shows or when you want it to look the best. I don't love the look, but I like it way better than any other C6 bracket I have seen, and after getting stopped twice for no plate, I felt I had no choice.

That will work. :thumbsup: Thanks for the info, I will have to look into it. Like I said though, cant blame LEO, they are just doing thier job, I was the one they caught slippin. :devil:Like the plate though. I will look into it. :D

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Kudos for taking it stride, unlike most of the whining babies that post ticket threads, lol.

It's just great to be driving a Vette, legal or not. :D
:agree: Oh and Tex, that front plate looks good or at least as good as a front plate can possibly look! ;)

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
:agree: on both the post and quote.

...just get past it and enjoy your life. Hell, you just got back from Rio :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its refreshing to see someone accept responsibility for their own actions.
I came close today. Turned a corner and stepped on it. Suddenly saw RCMP with laser watching for speeders from the other direction. I hit the brakes hard just as she turned the hand-held gun on me. I could see her grinning as I slowly drove past. I'm sure she knew.....
Luckily she didnt notice the mandatory front plate wasnt installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts