Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My mechanic is proposing installing the GX5-3 CAM by LG motorsports. Any perspectives on this choice? I've heard sound clips from it and seen dyno results on the LG site and it seems that with my current mods plus this cam and the FAST intake, I should be in the 430rwhp range. Are there any concerns about secondary wear on an otherwise stock C6 engine resulting from this cam or additional mods necessary to accommodate this cam? All perspectives, in laymans terms, would be very helpful and much appreciated. Additionally, any ideas on a fair installation price for this cam and the FAST intake manifold? Any tuning necessary will not be additional in cost, as he is in the process of training himself with the HP tuners software and mine was the first care he tuned with it.

thanks, Tim

·
Banned
622 Posts
I would call LG motersports and see what they would charge you first, and go from there.:cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
:agree: with patch68 and ldowney. I paid just over $5K for LG to install the cam, springs, push rods, LG pro long tube headers, a halltech stinger, tuning, and dyno on my 03 ZO6. Because these cars can be finicky, I wouldn't let a rookie touch my car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Who are you using to install

I am in Ocala, looking to do something similiar. Who is yuo mechanic and does he have any experience in mods to the LSX motors?

PS; My opinion SWEET CHOICE in cam and intake.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What about pipes?

What is you beast going to let all that spent horspower thorugh (LG Long tubes?????

·
Registered
48 Posts
FAST Intake

Ohhh...I forgot to mention. LG told me to hold off on the intake until I changed the heads (AFR). Even on my Z06, they said I wouldn't realize significant gains adding the FAST intake without heads.

I assume that you already have a highflow aircleaner system and headers? If not, add it to the cost and then be prepared to smile every time you drive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sweeeeet

Ohhh...I forgot to mention. LG told me to hold off on the intake until I changed the heads (AFR). Even on my Z06, they said I wouldn't realize significant gains adding the FAST intake without heads.

I assume that you already have a highflow aircleaner system and headers? If not, add it to the cost and then be prepared to smile every time you drive.
NOW THAT SOUND AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):laughing:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback and opinions. I already have kooks headers, corsa touring exhaust/x-pipe, t-stat, vararam intake, throttle body spacer, HP Tune, reaching 372rwhp now. I already bought the FAST and necessary adapter materials and am wanting to choose a cam to install at the same time. I trust my mechanic. He owns UARPerformance.com in Largo Florida and his name is bobby. Been tuning and modding cars for like 15 years and appears to know his stuff, has a good reputation and is fair in price. He charged me some 4300 for all the above mods and labor and am waiting to hear his labor charges for the intake manifold and cam. LG posts dyno results on their web site with the GX5-3 and FAST intake and they're damn impressive. Are the springs necessary as well? why do they need to be replaced? Will this be too aggressive a cam for this novice car enthusiast? I'm pretty green when it comes to vettes and dont have the mechanical knowhow to recognize when I'm getting out of my league. I just know I love being thrown back in my seat when I accellerate and cannot imagine how much fun it will be to have 440 to the wheels, as LG promises. Isn't that Z06 territory???

·
Registered
54 Posts
Corvette Masters in Maitland

I am in Ocala, looking to do something similiar. Who is yuo mechanic and does he have any experience in mods to the LSX motors?

PS; My opinion SWEET CHOICE in cam and intake.
I would highly recommend using Corvette Masters in Maitland, FL. They are good at what they do and customer service is top notch.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RevExtreme

Looks like I'm going with REVEXTREME in Tampa Florida for the Cam and FAST installation. Anyone have experience with them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts