Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got the car put back together today and all i can say is wow:surprised !!!! the sound is unreal. it sounds so mean up to 3k and then become a screaming monster above that!!!! and i thought the bullets where loud! bad news is i hit a damn ground hog when out test driving it and torn the front corner off the car. the brake duct and front inner wheel well liner exploded into a millon pieces:spanked: not so bad i guess i ordered the parts and only 35.00 to fix it...talk about a swing of emotions so happy to have it back on the road hauling major ass then boom out of nowhere there is a ground hog running across the road...i think i scared the **** out of it:laughing: now just waiting on my wheels........to be continued:D

·
Web Head
15,763 Posts
Did you scare the **** out of it or knock the **** out of it? Was there evidence of said ****? did you clean the Vette afterwards? :laughing:
What Kind of wheels are you getting?

·
Banned
972 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Sorry about your car.:(
Next time, Goose it ins.tead of braking and those LGs and your LS2 will lift those front wheels for you and you might clear that Ground Hog:thumbsup: :partyon: :smokin:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,450 Posts
I bet the sound is awesome. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
449 Posts
midnite902 said:
Sorry about your car.:(
Next time, Goose it ins.tead of braking and those LGs and your LS2 will lift those front wheels for you and you might clear that Ground Hog:thumbsup: :partyon: :smokin:
hey i was checking out your pics, i love the rims on the c6, very cool:smokin:

who is that, your daughter?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am not sure about the flooring it as the car is as low as she'll go and the damn ground hog was BIG!!!! i guess the thing paid the ultimate price and if your gonna go why not by way of a new corvette barreling down the road at you!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forgot to mention while i had the car apart i finaly got a chance to pull the intake to port it.....well as far as i could tell the flashing that everyone is talking about being so excesive is not really that bad....well at least not what i expected to find. there are edges where the intake is plastic welded together but noting like i expected. i did smooth all this out but i do not expect to see a major gain from it. unless there is something i missed i do not see that this is that big a deal. then agian the car is so mean right now that i would never be able to tell if it made a diffrence or not but i gave it a shot. these have to be the easiest car i have ever worked on. next onthe list is ported ls2 heads..... hopeing if something where to happen that with my stock heads on the car it will not be a issue for the warranty. i am thinking mti for this as they will use my heads and i really want to do there ls2 427 in the long run:devil:

·
Registered
192 Posts
1) How much power did you put down during the dyno pulls at LG?

2) How do you smooth off the flashing in the intake? Dremel with a sandking wheel? Sand paper by hand?

Thanks,
Glenn

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sdowney, you are in IN, and you got LG headers and a tune. Who did the tune? Did you drive it all the way to TX, or did you mail order?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mail order. anthoney is a freind of mine and after talking to him i was pretty confident that o would be happy with a mail order tune until i went to a cam and head swap. at that time the idel will be more of a issue. and like he said the car runs like a top and pulls like a mofo!!!! i live 2 hrs from the nearest tuner and they both wanted me to drop off the car. i just found out from a drag racing friend that spped inc in chicago will do the tune while you wait and as he had just got his trans am fyno tuned after a cam install. said he waited a little over a hour. since a cam is next on my list of things to do and i got the car up and runmning like a champ in 3 days i figured what the heck i hve nothing to lose. but the tune is VERY good:thumbsup: wheels are to be here today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts