Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a full exhaust setup. The setup im looking into is LG LT Pro's, High Flow Cats and B&B Bullets 4" Quad Tips.

I see there is a $600 differance between the two, so i pose this question:

The most powertrain mods i will be doing to my car is: Heads, Cam, Headers, X-Pipe and Catback. Is it worth it to go for the LG Pros for the mods i am looking into? If the loss in power is less than 10 rwhp between the two headers i can deal with that, I just want a really loud, bad ass race car rumble and sound :devil:.

Thanks, Patrick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Definitely go Pros man. The streets are only losing about 5hp on stock setups. If you go heads and cam, you will lose more Hp. They flow more air. The street series would be good for a non-heavily modded car, but what you plan on doing is something serious.

Are you going to do the work yourself, or shop it out?

If you do it yourself make sure you take lots of pics. I'm trying, but could probably take a lot more than I am.

Josh

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely go Pros man. The streets are only losing about 5hp on stock setups. If you go heads and cam, you will lose more Hp. They flow more air. The street series would be good for a non-heavily modded car, but what you plan on doing is something serious.

If you do it yourself make sure you take lots of pics. I'm trying, but could probably take a lot more than I am.

Josh
Thanks for the reply Josh, I plan on doing the install on my own. I never tackled this project before, so it will be interesting to say the least. I will be taking pics also.

I had a feeling the Pros where the only way to go, I guess i better start saving. I'll buy the Bullets first since they are the cheapest of my future mods.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Thanks for the reply Josh, I plan on doing the install on my own. I never tackled this project before, so it will be interesting to say the least. I will be taking pics also.

I had a feeling the Pros where the only way to go, I guess i better start saving. I'll buy the Bullets first since they are the cheapest of my future mods.

Sounds good man. LS1howto is a good place for that write-up. Going with the bullets you will not be let down. They sounded amazing on the stock manifold/cat/hpipe. I can't wait until tomorrow's initial firing up. It going to sound like Hell opening up, I hope.

Josh

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Josh is right, get the pros. These things soung fantastic with the stock Titanium mufflers, I can only imagine what the B&B would sound like :devil:

·
Registered
388 Posts

Josh
I'm not sure where you are getting this info but i spoke to the guys at LG before i decided to go with the street series with metal matrix cats and borla cat backs,which are already in my car. They told me you won't lose more then 10HP compared to the Pros. which you can't notice unless you are taking the car to the track and dyno regularly. And since you are using the cats you're slowing the flow anyway. I know you said you want to add an x pipe.FYI the full LG headers come with an x-pipe. If you don't buy the full headers I have a MagnaFlow X-pipe for sale in perfect condition. I paid $265,you can have it cheap. Now that the headers are in the car sounds great. Next comes the procharger. When will this end???
About the installation: I worked with my shop on the installation, if you don't have access to a lift i would forget it. Getting them up,in, lined up and connected without any leaks will be next to impossible without the lift. I'm not saying you can't do it but i wouldn't want to. I know you will be happy with either one but it sounds like you could put the extra cash towards other mods. Remember to buy a set of O2 sensors since you won't be using 1. my car sat on the lift for an extra day because i forgot and had to have LG overnight a set.
Just my 2cents.
good luck ,
Tom

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'm not sure where you are getting this info but i spoke to the guys at LG before i decided to go with the street series with metal matrix cats and borla cat backs,which are already in my car. They told me you won't lose more then 10HP compared to the Pros. which you can't notice unless you are taking the car to the track and dyno regularly. And since you are using the cats you're slowing the flow anyway. I know you said you want to add an x pipe.FYI the full LG headers come with an x-pipe. If you don't buy the full headers I have a MagnaFlow X-pipe for sale in perfect condition. I paid $265,you can have it cheap. Now that the headers are in the car sounds great. Next comes the procharger. When will this end???
About the installation: I worked with my shop on the installation, if you don't have access to a lift i would forget it. Getting them up,in, lined up and connected without any leaks will be next to impossible without the lift. I'm not saying you can't do it but i wouldn't want to. I know you will be happy with either one but it sounds like you could put the extra cash towards other mods. Remember to buy a set of O2 sensors since you won't be using 1. my car sat on the lift for an extra day because i forgot and had to have LG overnight a set.
Just my 2cents.
good luck ,
Tom

When they made the 5-10hp difference comparison, I'm only assuming that was on the stock to stock comparison. It's hard to say that on a Heads and Cammed car that the Street series, with smaller pipes, is going to lose no more than 10hp in comparison to the Larger piped Pros. Plus it wasn't stated if it was whp or fhp. He has some big future mods planned. And NO the modding never stops, once it starts.

Why do you have to buy an extra set of 02 sensors? I'm taking my rear ones and putting them up front then cutting the wires off the front ones and using those as plugs for the rear holes.

Josh

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As you can see in my signature, i have some pretty cool future mods coming to my car, it's just that mighty dollor holding me back :rolleyes:.

I just got a reply e-mail from Anthony at LG with the same question.

Here is his reply:

" If you are thinking about doing H/C or further engine modifications down the
road then I would suggest the Pro's for the best level of HP and TQ as these
are a larger system, have a better collector and X pipe on them to help
build more power from the cars.

The Street Series headers were developed for more of a exhaust and cold air
car, or minor modifications. They use a smaller 2.5" pipe and basic 4 into
1 collector and chambered X. Great for building more power from stock but
not to the level of the Pro's on a modified car.

On a basically stock car, you are going to see close to the same gains, if
not a little more torque with the smaller S.S. header. If you are going to
go to a bigger cam and cylinder head package, HP can vary between makes of
the headers...smaller cam package cars are not going to be hurt by the S.S.
that much but I have seen up to 20hp differences on the bigger cam'd cars.

Either system on the car will sound almost identical to each other. The
Pros' are a little smoother sounding in the upper RPM range due to the
different X pipe but most are not going to notice the difference.

Anthony "

I got a reply the next day, good information and costumer service. I look foward to doing business with them.

Patrick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
As you can see in my signature, i have some pretty cool future mods coming to my car, it's just that mighty dollor holding me back :rolleyes:.

I just got a reply e-mail from Anthony at LG with the same question.

Here is his reply:

" If you are thinking about doing H/C or further engine modifications down the
road then I would suggest the Pro's for the best level of HP and TQ as these
are a larger system, have a better collector and X pipe on them to help
build more power from the cars.

The Street Series headers were developed for more of a exhaust and cold air
car, or minor modifications. They use a smaller 2.5" pipe and basic 4 into
1 collector and chambered X. Great for building more power from stock but
not to the level of the Pro's on a modified car.

On a basically stock car, you are going to see close to the same gains, if
not a little more torque with the smaller S.S. header. If you are going to
go to a bigger cam and cylinder head package, HP can vary between makes of
the headers...smaller cam package cars are not going to be hurt by the S.S.
that much but I have seen up to 20hp differences on the bigger cam'd cars.

Either system on the car will sound almost identical to each other. The
Pros' are a little smoother sounding in the upper RPM range due to the
different X pipe but most are not going to notice the difference.

Anthony "

I got a reply the next day, good information and costumer service. I look foward to doing business with them.

That sounds like Anthony. He will try to help as much as he possibly can. I rate their customer service high. I've had a lot of questions that they have answered quickly. They let me know what was going on with my DTE brace and 2nd day Air'd my Tunnel Brace for no charge, b/c of a problem on there side. LG is top notch.

Josh

·
Registered
388 Posts
Why do you have to buy an extra set of 02 sensors? I'm taking my rear ones and putting them up front then cutting the wires off the front ones and using those as plugs for the rear holes.

Josh[/QUOTE]

Josh,
:thud: Sorry about that i meant O2 simulators not sensors for the 2 you don't use.

Patrick,
I'm glad you got the answers you were looking for about the pros and cons of the LGs. I guess the street series are good enough for me because i only plan on bolting on a procharger. That should be enough to scare my wife on our saturday night drive to dinner. Best of luck on whatever upgrade you choose. Keep us up on the progress.
Tom:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Josh
Josh,
:thud: Sorry about that i meant O2 simulators not sensors for the 2 you don't use.

Patrick,
I'm glad you got the answers you were looking for about the pros and cons of the LGs. I guess the street series are good enough for me because i only plan on bolting on a procharger. That should be enough to scare my wife on our saturday night drive to dinner. Best of luck on whatever upgrade you choose. Keep us up on the progress.
Tom:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

That's cool man. I was thinking about Simulators b/c I'm getting a tune hopefully tomorrow. All's good.

Have you made your decision on headers yet. Or is there going to be a little time to come to a conclusion?

Josh

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, whenever i need a question answered i shoot em' out here and they get a quick reply with good feedback.

I will be going with the LG Pro LT Headers with the B&B Bullets 4" Quad Tips. When i get started with the mods, i will update my progress as i go along.

P.S. I may also be doing a APS TT to my Z also ( but this is way into the future unless i find an abandoned armored truck :rolleyes: ), so it's safer to go with the Pros in the long run.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts