Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm sure you all have been following Lou's posts on the 2008 cars that we have been testing here at the shop. We have been doing our best at keeping you updated with all of the new developments of the new LS3.

A lot of you have been asking about the intake manifolds and heads of the L92/L76 vs the new LS3.

Here are some pictures of the Intake manifolds side by side.

L76 (left) vs LS3 (right)

As you can see both intakes look very similar, in this picture the LS3 has been stripped of it's cover and fuel rails. The L76 is shown complete. Intake ports have shown to be the same size and shape (roughly 1.25" wide x 2.53" tall)

The first thing you may notice is the new beauty/noise cover on the LS3 intake manifold.

First functional change is the MAP sensor
The L76 uses a normal clip in MAP sensor that you have seen on the LS1/6/2 engines.

The new LS3 has a new sensor that is screwed down in place. Future boost application maybe?

The breather port from the valley cover also has a rib support on it as well.
L76

LS3

Some other minor details have been added like metal supports in the hold down holes to keep the intake from being tightened down to tight and the casting deforming. The moldings themselves look almost identical but they do use different part numbers.

That is all for now guys.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Any flow numbers?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any flow numbers?
Yes, the flow on the L92 and the LS3 are identical... when attached to an average flowing, stock head, LS3 intake port (~325 CFM) the resultant flow drops 30-35 CFM...

....and porting this intake is an exercise in futility as the small gains are not worth the money spent...

·
DC Crew
4,751 Posts
I have a new in the box L76 on the shelf complete with a set of the L92 heads. I have been looking at them in comparison to the LS2 stuff I have on the car and noticed a few differences. I assumed it was the same as the LS3. Thanks for sharing what you have discovered.

I know the intake/exhaust vavles on the L92 heads are huge. Are LS3 valves the same?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts