Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LG's G5xB & A&A Vortech Installed

Hello

Well I decided to go with the LG's G5xB cam and replace the G5x3 cam I had. I loved the x3 but with the new A&A Vortech going on I wanted a little friendlier blower cam. With the x3 I dynoed 431/397 with the xB it was 413/387, not as much loss as I thought it would be. I will try to get a copy of the dyno sheet and post it as soon as possible. The best part about the cam is so far I have not experienced any cam surge. With the x3 I need to keep the rpm above 1500 rpm, and I would never go into 6th at anything below 65 mph. As a test I put the car into 6th at 52 mph with the rpm about 1200 with no problems. It has a little lope to it, not near as mean as the x3 but still good sound. I will also post a sound clip when I get the car back.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
Interesting, I'm looking forward to you posting a sound clip. Whats your horspower goal with the S/C?

·
Registered
153 Posts
vicous said:
Hello

Well I decided to go with the LG's G5xB cam and replace the G5x3 cam I had. I loved the x3 but with the new A&A Vortech going on I wanted a little friendlier blower cam. With the x3 I dynoed 431/397 with the xB it was 413/387, not as much loss as I thought it would be. I will try to get a copy of the dyno sheet and post it as soon as possible. The best part about the cam is so far I have not experienced any cam surge. With the x3 I need to keep the rpm above 1500 rpm, and I would never go into 6th at anything below 65 mph. As a test I put the car into 6th at 52 mph with the rpm about 1200 with no problems. It has a little lope to it, not near as mean as the x3 but still good sound. I will also post a sound clip when I get the car back.

What would happen if you shifted into 6th below 65mph? Did you have adjust your idle with the G5X3 to be ABOVE 1500rpm?

I heard good stuff about the G5X3 cam so far and I am considering buying one in the future...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The G5x3 cam was great. Below 1500 rpm and it bucked a little nothing bad mind you but it did buck (cam surge). The G5xB doesn't seem to have any of that. I orignally have 4.10 gears with my G5x3 cam and loved it, with the 4.10 you never really ever saw below like 1700 rpm. I drove the G5x3 as a daily driver for about 2 years and about 14,000 miles. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

My friend has an 04 Z just like mine, he has LG LT Pro headers and A&A PSC-1 blower kit running 8.5 psi he was 560/450 I belive. He has since back it down to 7 psi. I hope to be around 570/500 with 7 psi with the Vortech and the new G5xB cam.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
Cool deal man..
Did you drill a hole in the throttle body blade?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts