Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.5741:

H. R. 5741

To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 42 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or in civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, and for other purposes.

SEC. 105. IMPLEMENTATION BY THE PRESIDENT.

(a) In General- The President shall prescribe such regulations as are necessary to carry out this title.

(b) Matter To Be Covered by Regulations- Such regulations shall include specification of the following:

(1) The types of civilian service that may be performed in order for a person to satisfy the person’s national service obligation under this title.

(2) Standards for satisfactory performance of civilian service and of penalties for failure to perform civilian service satisfactorily.

(3) The manner in which persons shall be selected for induction under this title, including the manner in which those selected will be notified of such selection.

(4) All other administrative matters in connection with the induction of persons under this title and the registration, examination, and classification of such persons.

(5) A means to determine questions or claims with respect to inclusion for, or exemption or deferment from induction under this title, including questions of conscientious objection.

(6) Standards for compensation and benefits for persons performing their national service obligation under this title through civilian service.

(7) Such other matters as the President determines necessary to carry out this title.

If this bill passes, and the Democrats do have both the time and votes to get it done prior to the January swearing-in of the new House members and Senators, the executive branch will accrue even more power than it has seized to this point.

basically the bill would give obama the legal right to do just about anything he could think up
STALIN AND HITLER WOULD BE SO PROUD!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

·
Registered
798 Posts
The dictatorship of Israel would be proud too !!

:laughing:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
"Amnesiacs vote Republican. Those who remember vote Democrat."
Yep. Those who remember the porkulus bill, trillion-dollar debt, the Harry & Nancy Horror Show, cradle-to-grave-don't-do-a-damned-thing-the-government-will-take-care-of-you policies and Obamacare will vote Democrat.

They remember, but they don't learn anything. Even when they wake up tomorrow to the most egregious GTFO defeat ever handed to a party, they won't learn. Oh, well.

And yes, H.R. 5741 is very disturbing, but hardly surprising from this crowd.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
This is approximately the 10th time Rangle has introduced this bill. It isnt going anywhere, if it did, it would be struck down by the supreme court.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
France had mandatory national service (military or civil), it was canceled about a decade ago. Too costly and inefficient.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
This is approximately the 10th time Rangle has introduced this bill. It isnt going anywhere, if it did, it would be struck down by the supreme court.
Is that guy still a Congressman? How has he stayed out of prison? I guess it doesn't matter. His constituents would probably vote him back in even if he was in prison. :crazy:

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
The one regret I have in my life as the sunset draws nearer each day is not serving in the military....... I didn't take orders well back then though. :laughing:

Compulsory military service isn't a bad idea however, this bill goes way beyond that and shouldn't see the light of day.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The one regret I have in my life as the sunset draws nearer each day is not serving in the military....... I didn't take orders well back then though. :laughing:

Compulsory military service isn't a bad idea however, this bill goes way beyond that and shouldn't see the light of day.
I was at the very tail end of the draft era. I had a low draft lottery number and joined the Navy to fulfill my obligation. It was a great experience that I would do again in a heartbeat. However, I think a volunteer military is the best way to get a top-notch professional war-waging machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts